Foros de discusión

Liferay DXP 7.0.10 GA1 with SQL Server 2012 - Error

Anusha Kanuri, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay DXP 7.0.10 GA1 with SQL Server 2012 - Error

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 12/07/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I am having issue using Liferay DXP 7.0.10 GA1 with SQL Server 2012 , it gives an error of
"com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.ORMException: org.hibernate.exception.DataException: Could not execute JDBC batch update" due to "String or binary data would be truncated."

Attached is the screen shot of error from the logs.

It happens everytime when the liferay portal is started on tomcat (the portal starts up fine but i have these errors in my logs).
Can anyone please help or provide any suggestions why or what is going wrong here and solution for it?

Thanks for your help!!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay DXP 7.0.10 GA1 with SQL Server 2012 - Error

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Pictures like this are worthless, all relevant information has been clipped away.

What's the rest of the error off to the right? What's the full stack trace all the way down to the hibernate DataException? Were there any exceptions previous to this one, is this really a problem or a side effect of perhaps an earlier failure?

In general, I can say that for sql server you have to drop usage of jtds driver and must use the latest m$ sql server driver.

A data truncation error occurs if you're trying to insert a value larger than what the column size allows. Is this environment an upgrade or is it a clean start against SQL server? If an upgrade, it could be some sort of failure in the upgrade or it could just be data that actually is too large for the column.

Oh, and I must add, if you're using DXP you've got Liferay support to reach out to also...

Come meet me at the LSNA!

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I am attaching the full stack trace log here so that you could see all the errors .

I am not using the jtds driver and i use the latest ms sql server driver.

This environment is a clean install of the Liferay 7.0 with sql server database and i am not trying to add any data to the tables, the errors are caused when the tables are created in the database automatically with the dialect with the initial setup.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Have you opened your LESA ticket yet?

Come meet me at the LSNA!

I am using an trial version of Liferay DXP 7.0.10 GA1 as of now.