Foros de discusión

Liferay 7 and DXP - Portlet Deployment Hangs - Helpful Log Flags?

Brian Summers, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay 7 and DXP - Portlet Deployment Hangs - Helpful Log Flags?

New Member Mensajes: 13 Fecha de incorporación: 28/05/09 Mensajes recientes
We have portlets that have been successfully deployed for years in Liferay and they work fine in all versions of 6.... and now we are trying Liferay 7 and DXP.

It seems to me that Liferay have made extreme changes with version 7 (OSGI etc) and backwards-compatibility was not considered as important as the major restructure. This seems clear considering the number of "Breaking Changes" that are documented. These are causing us a lot of headaches :-(

That said, I don't think too many of those should affect us so I think we should be able to deploy our portlets in version 7 without too many changes.

My immediate problem is that I have a portlet that I want to deploy. It goes through the familiar sequence of:

Copying portlets for XYZ.war
Deploying XYZ.war
Portlets for XYZ.war copied successfully

BUT, I never see:
1 portlet for XYZ is available for use

Hence it doesn't seem to complete the deployment successfully.

My question is how do I diagnose the problem?

There are no errors in the log.

Are there log flags that I can set that will help me diagnose the problem?

Any other suggestions?

(For now I am only trying the tomcat bundles)

Thanks for your time.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay 7 and DXP - Portlet Deployment Hangs - Helpful Log Flags?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You can try going into the gogo shell, list the beans and see if your portlets are there and are active or not.

Come meet me at the NAS!

Thanks for your response.

I tried that and I see my portlet there but it's "Installed" and not "Active".
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
So issue command "start #" where # is the number tied to your portlet.

You'll see a message indicating some sort of missing dependency (likely) which you'll need to resolve.

Come meet me at the NAS!

Thanks David for your very instructive help.

I executed a start and got around a hundred "Unresolved requirement"s but they were all "optional" like these:

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.mozilla.javascript; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.python.core; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.python.util; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.quartz.impl; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.springframework.mock.web.portlet; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.testng.annotations; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.zeroturnaround.javarebel; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: sqlj.framework.error; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: sqlj.framework.ide; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: sqlj.framework.options; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: sqlj.mesg; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: sqlj.tools; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: sqlj.util.io; resolution:="optional"

No idea what that really means or whether or not I should be concerned. I guess it's something related to OSGI requirements?? The portlet is large and it would be a big effort to "OSGI-ise" it (so I don't really want to do that if I can avoid it).

Perhaps more significantly I did get one line that was different right at the end (that wasn't optional and no doubt the cause of the non-deployment?):

Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.extender; filter:="(&(osgi.extender=jsp.taglib)(uri=/my-tags))"

Yes, I recognise /my-tags as my own tags. Can you advise what I need to do to so that Liferay v7 can resolve them?

Thanks a lot for your guidance.
thumbnail

Yep, I have a blog for that: https://web.liferay.com/web/26526/blog/-/blogs/osgi-module-dependencies

Come meet me at the NAS!

All that was required to get over this particular hurdle was to extract the *.tld files from within their jars and place them in a new tld directory under the WEB-INF directory.

This wasn't required for our portlets prior to Liferay 7 but it seems to be required for Liferay 7.0 (and Liferay DXP).

Once this was done the portlet deployed successfully.

((It didn't actually work successfully once started up - there are problems with CSS, mail, database access, JavaScript, jQuery,....... some of the problems look like jar clashes and class-loading issues that indicate different behaviour between Liferay 7 and earlier versions... at this moment it feels like it's going to be a big struggle to get our portlets to work properly in Liferay 7.0).
thumbnail

Well if you believe the tld or these other things are truly issues, you could report them on https://issues.liferay.com.

My best suggestion for your plugin upgrades - try to address them one at a time, if possible. Break the problem down into consumable steps so you can feel like you're making some progress.

They'll all make it over, will just take some time and patience and, when necessary, some Forum Encouragement emoticon

Come meet me at the LSNA!