Foros de discusión

Liferay 7 Small Doubts

Thirumal Reddy, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay 7 Small Doubts

Regular Member Mensajes: 216 Fecha de incorporación: 3/12/15 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,
1)I have seen in most of the tables about "mvccVersion" column , what it indicates and how the value will be changed and what is the use?
2) while creatin new theme, by default it is generating with styled and ftl, but i want classic with velocity,
for this i modified in json file by replacing styled with classic and ftl with vm and after i did gulp build and gulp deploy, it is generating files with vm but if i delete ftl files theme is not working.
3)while importing theme , i did all the steps and i got success message in console, this time also only ftl files reflecting my migrated theme is not erflecting.
4)clould you please explain, where to use and what are the uses of following annotations,
@Component
@ProviderType
@Service
@Reference

if you give answers it would be great help for me,
Thanks in advance..
regards,
Thirumal.
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay 7 Small Doubts

Liferay Master Mensajes: 753 Fecha de incorporación: 9/01/14 Mensajes recientes
About your first question:
Thirumal Reddy:
1)I have seen in most of the tables about "mvccVersion" column , what it indicates and how the value will be changed and what is the use?
It was added in LPS-43264 and it is used to avoid issues with concurrent updates to database.

MVCC is "Multiversion concurrency control" see Wikipedia: Multiversion concurrency control

You shouldn't modify that attribute as it is internally used by Liferay for avoid problems when more than one user updates a object in same time.
Thirumal Reddy, modificado hace 7 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 216 Fecha de incorporación: 3/12/15 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
Thanks Jorge,
any idea about remaining.?

regards,
Thirumal.
thumbnail
Armaz Mellati, modificado hace 7 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 96 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi

Regarding nr 4)
All the annotations are very well described here :
https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/osgi-and-modularity
Tim Coulter, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 7/06/16 Mensajes recientes
In regards to the annotations in Liferay 7 - I am getting a warning after building a module with Gradle that "bnd versioning annotations are deprecated as of Bnd 3.2 and support will be removed in Bnd 4.0. Please change to OSGi versioning annotations." How would one go about migrating to OSGi annotations when the annotations were created with Service Builder?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Don't worry about it. Liferay has a habit of selecting a version for a release and sticking with it.

First there's no info re: when bnd 4 will be released, but second even if it were out today Liferay has a lot of code dependent upon this support so it is unlikely they would change w/o having to modify all of it first. That change would likely be a new release anyway because so much would be touched by it.

Come meet me at the NAS!