Foros de discusión

How to force propagation of permission changes in Site Templates?

thumbnail
Peter Dimitri, modificado hace 7 años.

How to force propagation of permission changes in Site Templates?

Junior Member Mensajes: 48 Fecha de incorporación: 9/01/13 Mensajes recientes
In our portal the users public profile pages are based on a custom site template. Unfortunatley when the users where created (and so the profile pages) permissions of the profile page in the site template where wrong, so that "normal" users wouldn't find other users in the portal search. I now changed the permissions in the underlying site template, but users can't still be found by normal logged in "users" in the portal search. When I search for users as an Administrator, I can find users and will be forwared to the corresponding user profile when I select one of these search results. So generally user profiles are included in the portal search, but obviously not allowed to be shown to normal users.

How may I force the propagation of the permission changes in the site template to already existing user profiles? The "Allow Site Administrators to Modify the Pages Associated with this site template" checkbox isn't checked in the template, so the sites are still bound to the template.
thumbnail

RE: How to force propagation of permission changes in Site Templates?

OK, looks like I've asked the wrong question: I thought that users won't show up in the search results because the link target of the search result, the profile page, won't be accessible by normal users. But that's not the case. When I know the URL of a users profile page, every user may open that profile. So it's not a matter of permissions on the profile page. Instead it looks like user records generally doesn't show up in the search results of "non admin" users. Is there a way to change this behaviour? How may I change the default permissions on "User" Assets so that they are viewable by other users?
thumbnail

RE: How to force propagation of permission changes in Site Templates? (Respuesta)

While I dislike changing the default roles in Liferay, I simply had to add some permissions concerning users in the normal "user" role, so that users may view user objects. Now every logged in user is able to search for users. Solved!