Foros de discusión

Liferay 6.2 EE support for Java 8 and IE 11

Dimitris Menounos, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay 6.2 EE support for Java 8 and IE 11

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 13/06/16 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

We are interested to know if Liferay 6.2 EE supports Java 8 and Internet Explorer 11. We are looking in the support matrix for Liferay 6.2 and here in the forums but the outcome is not clear. We are confused about the terms "certified" and "supported". Our interpretation is that "certified" means that there exist QA tests that are executed by employees of the Liferay company in addition to the automated regression tests. Is that correct? Also does the Liferay company support customer issues with 6.2 EE and Java 8 or IE 11?

Thank you
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay 6.2 EE support for Java 8 and IE 11

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Dimitris Menounos:
Also does the Liferay company support customer issues with 6.2 EE and Java 8 or IE 11?

Exactly. You can open a ticket in LESA if you find any compatibility issue around that environment.
thumbnail
Danielle Ardon, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Liferay 6.2 EE support for Java 8 and IE 11

Junior Member Mensajes: 37 Fecha de incorporación: 6/06/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi Dimitris,

I am not a liferay staff member or anything but I just wanted to add that if you were planning on using liferay service builder with 6.2 EE, it does not work with java 8. I thought it might be handy to know that, since it could save you some trouble.