Foros de discusión

Liferay IDE - cannot deploy.

roll atwork, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay IDE - cannot deploy.

Junior Member Mensajes: 30 Fecha de incorporación: 7/10/04 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

Vanilla Helios Java EE SR1 with latest Liferay IDE update installed. The latest liferay portal was installed independently and all instructions followed on wiki.

However, when we add new portlet via wizard it doesn't auto deploy. Moreover, if we invoke the ant build to deploy it too doesn't seem to deploy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Roll
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Liferay IDE - cannot deploy.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Just check a couple of things:

- Is server running?
- Is Build Automatically set to true? (Project menu > Build Automatically)
- Does manual publishing work? (Publish action on servers view)
- Are there any errors in the eclipse error log Window > Show View > Error Log

thanks, Gregory. I hadn't seen your response.

there was nothing in the console/log and the server was running. The server was in fact running, with the exception of the time I cleared the folders.

if it happens again, I'll be sure to be observe the same advice you gave. thanks!
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Glad things are working. To answer your question, yes sometimes you have to clear out the deploy folder for liferay to make sure everything starts out with a clean slate and then redeploy all of your plugins.

Thanks, again. Sorry to be a pest, but:

I seem to have another problem now related to auto deployment so won't start new thread...

When I make a simple change to the view.jsp generated from the wizard, it has no effect. If I attempt to publish from the server or redeploy from Ant still no effect.

In the console there is an error related to lucene, but I saw in another thread this may be unrelated...?

22:47:21,226 ERROR [SearchWriterMessageListener:36] Unable to process message {destinationName=liferay/search_writer, responseDestinationName=null, responseId=null, payload={companyId=0, document={uid=[PluginPackageIndexer_PORTLET_liferay/Test-portlet/6.0.5.1/war], moduleId=[liferay/Test-portlet/6.0.5.1/war], installedVersion=[6.0.5.1], status=[sameVersionInstalled], tag=[], artifactId=[Test-portlet], osi-approved-license=[true], type=[portlet], pageURL=[http://www.liferay.com], modified=[20110216224721], version=[6.0.5.1], content=[Test Portlet Liferay, Inc. ], groupId=[liferay], author=[Liferay, Inc.], title=[Test Portlet], repositoryURL=[LOCAL_URL], portletId=[PluginPackageIndexer], license=[LGPL]}, documents=null, end=0, id=null, ids=null, query=null, searchEngineCommand=UPDATE_DOCUMENT, sorts=null, start=0}, values=null}
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.IndexAccessorImpl._write(IndexAccessorImpl.java:501)
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.IndexAccessorImpl.updateDocument(IndexAccessorImpl.java:169)
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.LuceneHelperImpl.updateDocument(LuceneHelperImpl.java:246)
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.LuceneHelperUtil.updateDocument(LuceneHelperUtil.java:198)
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.LuceneIndexWriterImpl.updateDocument(LuceneIndexWriterImpl.java:103)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.messaging.SearchWriterMessageListener.doReceive(SearchWriterMessageListener.java:86)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.messaging.SearchWriterMessageListener.receive(SearchWriterMessageListener.java:33)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:63)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.ParallelDestination$1.run(ParallelDestination.java:61)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
thumbnail

Can you post the project that you are trying to deploy here to this thread?
thumbnail
Rohit Salecha, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 50 Fecha de incorporación: 21/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Check this out

http://liferaydemystified.blogspot.com/
venka reddy, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 231 Fecha de incorporación: 23/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I didn't find any blog at http://liferaydemystified.blogspot.in/ related to following error, could give me the exact URL

ERROR [SearchWriterMessageListener:36] Unable to process message {destinationName=liferay/search_writer, responseDestinationName=null, responseId=null, payload={companyId=0, document={uid=[PluginPackageIndexer_PORTLET_liferay/Test-portlet/6.0.5.1/war], moduleId=[liferay/Test-portlet/6.0.5.1/war], installedVersion=[6.0.5.1], status=[sameVersionInstalled], tag=[], artifactId=[Test-portlet], osi-approved-license=[true], type=[portlet], pageURL=[http://www.liferay.com], modified=[20110216224721], version=[6.0.5.1], content=[Test Portlet Liferay, Inc. ], groupId=[liferay], author=[Liferay, Inc.], title=[Test Portlet], repositoryURL=[LOCAL_URL], portletId=[PluginPackageIndexer], license=[LGPL]}, documents=null, end=0, id=null, ids=null, query=null, searchEngineCommand=UPDATE_DOCUMENT, sorts=null, start=0}, values=null}
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.IndexAccessorImpl._write(IndexAccessorImpl.java:501)
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.IndexAccessorImpl.updateDocument(IndexAccessorImpl.java:169)
at com.liferay.portal.search.lucene.LuceneHelperImpl.updateDocument(LuceneHelperImpl.java:246)
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Your question is unrelated to Liferay IDE. You'll probably get better response to these kind of questions if you post your question to Developer's forum instead of here.

got this to work by clearing <liferay>\deploy and clearing tomcat work folder. Is this normal behavior for a relatively fresh install?
neelam bhandari, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 102 Fecha de incorporación: 16/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Roll,
I am getting the same error while starting my tomcat . I have cleaned the tomcat work folder and deploy as well .But no change .

Regards
Neelam Bhandari