Foros de discusión

Navigation Menu Temporarily Unavailable

Dave Jakubiak, modificado hace 7 años.

Navigation Menu Temporarily Unavailable

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 16/06/16 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

I downloaded and installed Liferay 7.0.1 GA2 for demo purposes. The installation seemed to go smoothly and I checked the box to install the demo data. At the end of the installation, the setup wizard displayed and I walked through that. The Liferay "Hello World" homepage displayed but in the upper-right of the screen, there are three red boxes that say "Navigation Menu is temporarily unavailable", "Search is temporarily unavailable" and a third one that is mostly covered by the other two. "User personal bar..." maybe?

I am running on a Windows Server 2012 64-bit machine. Clean. Nothing else running on it.
JDK 1.7.0_79 installed with JAVA_HOME pointing to it.

I'm running out of things to try. Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks
Dave
thumbnail
Paras Jain, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Navigation Menu Temporarily Unavailable

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 9/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Are you sure you have JDK1.7? Because Liferay 7 requires Java 8 . Check out https://web.liferay.com/community/releases

Also, do you see any errors in the logs during startup?

I do have JDK 1.7. Let me get that up to 8 and see what happens. According to another post I saw on this forum, I thought that the Java version and the Liferay version (7/7) had to be the same. No?

That was it. Upgrade to JDK 8 did the trick. Thanks for the assist.
thumbnail
Akber Choudhry, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 30/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Had the same problem. JRE 1.8 is not enough. JDK 1.8 is required.
kavya m, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 8/07/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I too have same problem after installation of liferay 7.0.1 ga2 when web browser display Liferay "Hello World" homepage at the top right showing with red colour that "Navigation Menu is temporarily unavailable" and also "User Personal Bar". I have tried with java jdk 8 version and jre. Still it showing same issue.
I have attached a file with screen shot so you guys can understand easily what the issue is. Please help me.
Marcus Mueller, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 12/12/08 Mensajes recientes
Hallo,

same stands for me. Exactly the same problem appears after installation of liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga2 (wildfly) on my Win8.1 PC. The error also occured after installation on my Win Server 2012. I definitifely use a JDK 1.8.0_25 on both machines.

Is there any solution for that problem?

Thanks and best regards!
thumbnail
Arun Das, modificado hace 7 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 166 Fecha de incorporación: 23/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
Having JDK doesn't solve the issue. This is because the installation might be pointing to JRE. Please check this link

Arun
JOAO TREVELIN, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/17 Mensajes recientes
Hello guys,

I did the same... just downloaded the Liferay DXP Digital Enterprise 7.0 SP4 Bundled with Tomcat. My JAVA_HOME is set to "C:\TREVELIN\liferay-dxp-7.0-sp4\tomcat-8.0.32" that represents the directory whereas I extracted LDXP using 7-zip.

I also installed the JRE and set up JRE_HOME to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144"

I am also facing red squares:
"Navigation Menu is temporarily unavailable."
"User Personal Bar is temporarily unavailable."
"Search is temporarily unavailable."

Could anyone help me ?
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1555 Fecha de incorporación: 24/09/09 Mensajes recientes
It doesn't work with the JRE.
You need to install and use the JDK.
JOAO TREVELIN, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/17 Mensajes recientes
Thank you very much ... it should be easier if it would clearer on the download site instructions !

Christoph Rabel:
It doesn't work with the JRE.
You need to install and use the JDK.
Alonso Hernandez, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 17/11/15 Mensajes recientes
Did you make it work?

I'm having the same issue still and I have tried different things mentioned above. I have the latest Java versions (1.8.0_144), I have extracted liferay bundle on C:\Users\hejesus\LifeRayDXP\liferay-dxp-digital-enterprise-7.0-sp4.

I'm launching DXP using startup.bat within ....\tomcat-8.0.32\bin, the only thing i can think is that the enviroment variables are not correctly setup?

How did you setup you variables to make work?

I see that you had JAVA_HOME pointing to your tomcat folder, i thought that had to be pointing to the JRE location but regarding to Christoph reply that is not need but instead the JDK location. I'm confused what should be the right setup on variables? (JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME and Path).

Please help.
Alonso Hernandez, modificado hace 6 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 17/11/15 Mensajes recientes
I finally fixed, and yes, it was related to my environment variables.

I have them setup like this:
JAVA_HOME: C:\Users\myUser\LifeRayDXP\liferay-dxp-digital-enterprise-7.0-sp4\tomcat-8.0.32 - -> My Tomcat folder
JRE_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144 -- > JDK folder
Path: C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\bin; C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144\bin

Thanks for the suggestions!
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado hace 6 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1555 Fecha de incorporación: 24/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Alonso Hernandez:
I finally fixed, and yes, it was related to my environment variables.

I have them setup like this:
JAVA_HOME: C:\Users\myUser\LifeRayDXP\liferay-dxp-digital-enterprise-7.0-sp4\tomcat-8.0.32 - -> My Tomcat folder
JRE_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144 -- > JDK folder
Path: C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\bin; C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144\bin

Have or had?
JAVA_HOME should not point to Liferay or the tomcat, it should point to the JDK installation.
Path: You should remove the other folders from the path and only have the JDK in there.

I usually remove all installations of java I don't need from my computer/a server. Not because of harddisk space but to avoid ambiguity. I had issues several times because somehow the wrong java was executed.
Falguni Dattani, modificado hace 5 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 16/11/18 Mensajes recientes
Dave Jakubiak:
Hello, I downloaded and installed Liferay 7.0.1 GA2 for demo purposes. The installation seemed to go smoothly and I checked the box to install the demo data. At the end of the installation, the setup wizard displayed and I walked through that. The Liferay "Hello World" homepage displayed but in the upper-right of the screen, there are three red boxes that say "Navigation Menu is temporarily unavailable", "Search is temporarily unavailable" and a third one that is mostly covered by the other two. "User personal bar..." maybe? I am running on a Windows Server 2012 64-bit machine. Clean. Nothing else running on it. JDK 1.7.0_79 installed with JAVA_HOME pointing to it. I'm running out of things to try. Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks Dave

one of my colleague - dhruv suggested one solution which is more feasible i feel. here it goes...

inside tomcat-bin folder there's a file setclasspath.bat .

open it in edit mode.

there you will find below code.

if not "%JRE_HOME%" == "" goto gotJreHome
if not "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto gotJavaHome

switch these two lines shown below and then restart the server.

f.e. :

if not "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto gotJavaHome

if not "%JRE_HOME%" == "" goto gotJreHome

And everything will start working . :)

Enjoy !