Foros de discusión

Calling All Filmmakers! Win an Amazon Kindle!

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 13 años.

Calling All Filmmakers! Win an Amazon Kindle!

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Liferay Community Video Contest

Make a great video and win an Amazon Kindle! Liferay is calling on YOU, the Liferay Community, to showcase your world with Liferay. Make a video, upload it anywhere, and tell us the URL in this thread.

FAQ
1. How do I enter?

It's simple to enter: just make a video. Here are the basic requirements:

• Length: 5 minutes or less
  • Audio: Spoken English, with or without music or other effects
  • Keep it clean! (no profanity, etc)
  • Uploaded to one of many video sharing sites (YouTube, Vimeo, blip.tv, etc)
  • Share the URL on this forum thread or email it to us.
  • Submit no later than Monday, February 28th at 11:59pm US/Pacific.
  • Optional, but highly recommended: Put identifying information at the beginning or end of your video, so we know who you are!

2. What should my video be about?

We're looking for compelling stories about how Liferay affects you, your company or organization, or your users and customers. Be as creative as you want in telling your story. Some examples:

• Music video
  • Combination of screencast and live video
  • Talk show
  • Animation
  • Series of Stills with captions or voice narration
  • Documentary Style - interviews with people, formal or informal
  • Creative intros/outros for your video

Any format is acceptable, just make it fun, creative, and compelling!

3. Who's judging?

A panel from Liferay's core engineering, marketing, design, and management will select the winners and runners-up.

4. How long does the contest last?

Entries must be submitted no later than Monday, February 28th at 11:59pm US/Pacific. So get cracking!

4a. When will the winners be announced?

Winners will be announced March 7th, 2011. (3 days before the East Coast Symposium Call For Papers!)

5. Can I submit more than one video?

Sure! Just make sure they unique and individual.

6. What if my video is too big to upload to youtube or I cannot use video sharing sites?

You can email your video to michelle.i.hoshi@liferay.com, and we will take care of posting it online. You may also just email us the URL if you don't want to post it on the thread just yet.

7. Can a team develop the video?

Sure! But only one prize will be awarded for a given video, so the team will have to decide how to split any winnings.

8. Is the contest open to international entries?

Absolutely!

9. What are the judging criteria

The winner will be selected on the basis of relevance to Liferay, creativity, and clarity of message.

10. What can I win?

The winning video will receive either an Amazon Kindle 3G or a Flip UltraHD Flash Memory Camcorder (your choice). The runner-up will receive a Flip UltraHD Flash Memory Camcorder. Third place will receive a sweet Liferay tee shirt!

11. Will entries be available to the general public?

Yep, all entries will appear on Liferay's site and may be used in future campaigns. Therefore, Fair Use aside, don't use copyrighted material. We may ask the winning entries for higher resolution renderings, so don't throw them away!

12. How will I be notified?

We will use the registered email address of the person who submits the URL to coordinate the awarding of prizes, so be sure your email address is correct on your liferay.com account!

13. Who can I contact if I have additional questions on the contest?

Contact michelle.i.hoshi@liferay.com with any other questions you may have.

Remember, the contest ends February 28th, so get to work!
thumbnail
Malek Tarboush, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Calling All Filmmakers! Win an Amazon Kindle!

Junior Member Mensajes: 30 Fecha de incorporación: 19/09/10 Mensajes recientes
nice
but it may be better if you accept something like video training
like how to make a sample portlet ( theme , hook etc ) and playing with other liferay services

but it still nice and waw i would love to win the amazon kindle lol

regards
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Malek Tarboush:
nice
but it may be better if you accept something like video training
like how to make a sample portlet ( theme , hook etc ) and playing with other liferay services

but it still nice and waw i would love to win the amazon kindle lol

regards

Great idea, and you can definitely make a creative training video! I'd probably avoid doing a 100% screencast/demo. Make it creative, funny and instructive at the same time and you just might win emoticon
Vu Dong, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 1/04/11 Mensajes recientes
James Falkner:
Liferay Community Video Contest

Make a great video and win an Amazon Kindle! Liferay is calling on YOU, the Liferay Community, to showcase your world with Liferay. Make a video, upload it anywhere, and tell us the URL in this thread.

FAQ
1. How do I enter?

It's simple to enter: just make a video. Here are the basic requirements:

• Length: 5 minutes or less
  • Audio: Spoken English, with or without music or other effects
  • Keep it clean! (no profanity, etc)
  • Uploaded to one of many video sharing sites (YouTube, Vimeo, blip.tv, etc)
  • Share the URL on this forum thread or email it to us.
  • Submit no later than Monday, February 28th at 11:59pm US/Pacific.
  • Optional, but highly recommended: Put identifying information at the beginning or end of your video, so we know who you are!

2. What should my video be about?

We're looking for compelling stories about how Liferay affects you, your company or organization, or your users and customers. Be as creative as you want in telling your story. Some examples:

• Music video
  • Combination of screencast and live video
  • Talk show
  • Animation
  • Series of Stills with captions or voice narration
  • Documentary Style - interviews with people, formal or informal
  • Creative intros/outros for your video

Any format is acceptable, just make it fun, creative, and compelling!

3. Who's judging?

A panel from Liferay's core engineering, marketing, design, and management will select the winners and runners-up.

4. How long does the contest last?

Entries must be submitted no later than Monday, February 28th at 11:59pm US/Pacific. So get cracking!

4a. When will the winners be announced?

Winners will be announced March 7th, 2011. (3 days before the East Coast Symposium Call For Papers!)

5. Can I submit more than one video?

Sure! Just make sure they unique and individual.

6. What if my video is too big to upload to youtube or I cannot use video sharing sites?

You can email your video to michelle.i.hoshi@liferay.com, and we will take care of posting it online. You may also just email us the URL if you don't want to post it on the thread just yet.

7. Can a team develop the video?

Sure! But only one prize will be awarded for a given video, so the team will have to decide how to split any winnings.

8. Is the contest open to international entries?

Absolutely!

9. What are the judging criteria

The winner will be selected on the basis of relevance to Liferay, creativity, and clarity of message.

10. What can I win?

The winning video will receive either an Amazon Kindle 3G or a Flip UltraHD Flash Memory Camcorder (your choice). The runner-up will receive a Flip UltraHD Flash Memory Camcorder. Third place will receive a sweet Liferay tee shirt!

11. Will entries be available to the general public?

Yep, all entries will appear on Liferay's site and may be used in future campaigns. Therefore, Fair Use aside, don't use copyrighted material. We may ask the winning entries for higher resolution renderings, so don't throw them away!

12. How will I be notified?

We will use the registered email address of the person who submits the URL to coordinate the awarding of prizes, so be sure your email address is correct on your liferay.com account!

13. Who can I contact if I have additional questions on the contest?

Contact michelle.i.hoshi@liferay.com with any other questions you may have.

Remember, the contest ends February 28th, so get to work!

Thank you
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Is there a list of submitted entries? Was there an announcement on who won? I sure would like to see the videos!emoticon
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Is there a list of submitted entries? Was there an announcement on who won? I sure would like to see the videos!emoticon

Yeah I'd like to see them too - unfortunately we didn't get any! I think the bar for entry was too high, and/or prizes too low. We'll correct that and start some more community contests soon. Maybe folks don't know Windows comes with Movie Maker and Macs come with iMovie emoticon You could have just walked around and interviewed people, not do any editing, and won the prize! emoticon
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
Maarten and I were full of ideas but had no time.

At least we had some fun.

Next time we enter the competition.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Maybe folks don't know Windows comes with Movie Maker and Macs come with iMovie You could have just walked around and interviewed people, not do any editing, and won the prize!

Or not have a video camera. emoticon