Foros de discusión

How to add control panel settings portlet to my page @ Liferay6.0

suresh vadlamudi, modificado hace 13 años.

How to add control panel settings portlet to my page @ Liferay6.0

Junior Member Mensajes: 35 Fecha de incorporación: 20/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Experts,
Please tell me the way how to make the control panel settings or users portlet to be added to the page(public or private) which i have created.I mean what are the configuration file changes which i need to make to achive this .

Thanks & Regards
Suresh.Vadlamudi
Oliver Bayer, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: How to add control panel settings portlet to my page @ Liferay6.0

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Suresh,

if I understand you right you want to add some portlets of the control panel to "normal" pages. Then you should modify the file "liferay-display.xml". There you will find a category named "hidden". If you remove a portlet there and move it to another category the portlet will be selectible from the add-application dropdown.

HTH Oli

Hi Oliver,

I should say thanks to you for supporting me always.I tried the way you suggested but i am getting this error in the server console

ERROR [AdvancedPermissionChecker:651] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: 125#ADD_TO_PAGE

I am using liferay 6.0.I am trying to bring users,usergroups,organisations portlets of control panel to selectible from the add-application dropdown.In that 125 is the ID of users portlet.Can you make sure the solution which you suggested will work for liferay 6.0?

Please suggest me any thing more i need to change.

Thanks & Regards
Suresh.Vadlamudi
Oliver Bayer, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

in v5.2.3 it should work this way but I've not tested it yet. It seems to be a permission issue so you should test it with the omniadmin. Maybe I will find some time in the upcoming days to give it a try (no guaranty :grinemoticon.

Greets Oli
thumbnail
Mati Khan, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 1/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi suresh,

You can solve this issue by adding

<action-key>ADD_TO_PAGE</action-key>

in your portal.xml file ( this file manages custom portlets permission entries).

Hope it helps.

Thanks Khan,

This works for me.I followed your suggestion issue got resolved .Thanq very much.

Thanks & RegardsSuresh.Vadlamudi
thumbnail
Tanaji M. Londhe, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 194 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Mati-ur-Rehman Khan:
Hi suresh,

You can solve this issue by adding

in your portal.xml file ( this file manages custom portlets permission entries).

Hope it helps.

Hi,
Here I am using Liferay 6.1
I remove <portlet-name>125</portlet-name> from hidden category & add it on community category from liferay-display.xml.
and then add following <permissions> tag entries in the liferay-portlet.xml
<portlet-name>125</portlet-name>
<permissions>
<supports>
<action-key>ACCESS_IN_CONTROL_PANEL</action-key>
<action-key>CONFIGURATION</action-key>
<action-key>VIEW</action-key>
</supports>
<community-defaults>
</community-defaults>
<guest-defaults>
</guest-defaults>
<guest-unsupported>
<action-key>ACCESS_IN_CONTROL_PANEL</action-key>
<action-key>CONFIGURATION</action-key>
</guest-unsupported>
</permissions>

<icon>/html/icons/users_admin.png</icon>

I got this error on the console
How to solve this error ?

12:01:48,619 ERROR [PortletLocalServiceImpl:686] com.liferay.portal.kernel.xml.DocumentException: Error on line 1120 of document : Element type "permissions" must be declared. Nested exception: Element type "permissions" must be declared.
com.liferay.portal.kernel.xml.DocumentException: Error on line 1120 of document : Element type "permissions" must be declared. Nested exception: Element type "permissions" must be declared.
at com.liferay.portal.xml.SAXReaderImpl.read(SAXReaderImpl.java:403)
at com.liferay.portal.xml.SAXReaderImpl.read(SAXReaderImpl.java:419)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.xml.SAXReaderUtil.read(SAXReaderUtil.java:157)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.PortletLocalServiceImpl._readLiferayPortletXML(PortletLocalServiceImpl.java:1602)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.PortletLocalServiceImpl._readLiferayPortletXML(PortletLocalServiceImpl.java:1100)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.PortletLocalServiceImpl.initEAR(PortletLocalServiceImpl.java:628)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:112)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:71)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:108)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:59)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:108)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:59)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanAopProxy.invoke(ServiceBeanAopProxy.java:211)
at $Proxy64.initEAR(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.service.PortletLocalServiceUtil.initEAR(PortletLocalServiceUtil.java:395)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.initPortlets(MainServlet.java:861)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:237)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1266)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1185)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1080)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5001)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5289)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:866)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:842)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:649)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1581)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1120 of document : Element type "permissions" must be declared. Nested exception: Element type "permissions" must be declared.
at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:482)
at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:365)
at com.liferay.portal.xml.SAXReaderImpl.read(SAXReaderImpl.java:400)
... 41 more
12:01:49,916 INFO [AutoDeployDir:105] Auto deploy scanner started for /home/webwerks/Liferay/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/deploy
12:01:51,096 ERROR [PortalInstances:375] java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.RoleLocalServiceImpl.setUserRoles(RoleLocalServiceImpl.java:1122)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:112)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:71)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanAopProxy.invoke(ServiceBeanAopProxy.java:211)
at $Proxy86.setUserRoles(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyLocalServiceImpl.checkCompany(CompanyLocalServiceImpl.java:385)
at $Proxy15.checkCompany(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyLocalServiceImpl.checkCompany(CompanyLocalServiceImpl.java:160)
at $Proxy15.checkCompany(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.service.CompanyLocalServiceUtil.checkCompany(CompanyLocalServiceUtil.java:302)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances._initCompany(PortalInstances.java:370)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances.initCompany(PortalInstances.java:92)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.initCompanies(MainServlet.java:766)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:336)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1266)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1185)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5001)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5289)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:866)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1581)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
12:01:51,125 ERROR [PortalInstances:468] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchGroupException: No Group exists with the key {companyId=0, classNameId=9, classPK=0}
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchGroupException: No Group exists with the key {companyId=0, classNameId=9, classPK=0}
at com.liferay.portal.events.AddDefaultDocumentLibraryStructuresAction.run(AddDefaultDocumentLibraryStructuresAction.java:64)
at com.liferay.portal.events.AddDefaultDataAction.run(AddDefaultDataAction.java:30)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:106)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.process(EventsProcessorImpl.java:58)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorUtil.process(EventsProcessorUtil.java:38)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances._initCompany(PortalInstances.java:462)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances.initCompany(PortalInstances.java:92)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.initCompanies(MainServlet.java:766)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:336)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchGroupException: No Group exists with the key {companyId=0, classNameId=9, classPK=0}
at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.GroupPersistenceImpl.findByC_C_C(GroupPersistenceImpl.java:2076)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.GroupLocalServiceImpl.getCompanyGroup(GroupLocalServiceImpl.java:822)
at $Proxy22.getCompanyGroup(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.service.GroupLocalServiceUtil.getCompanyGroup(GroupLocalServiceUtil.java:430)
at com.liferay.portal.events.AddDefaultDocumentLibraryStructuresAction.doRun(AddDefaultDocumentLibraryStructuresAction.java:263)
at com.liferay.portal.events.AddDefaultDocumentLibraryStructuresAction.run(AddDefaultDocumentLibraryStructuresAction.java:61)
... 26 more
thumbnail
Tanaji M. Londhe, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 194 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi
I solve that issue using this link
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/13204053
after that it throughs some error like
ERROR [AdvancedPermissionChecker:944] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: com.liferay.portal.model.Organization#ASSIGN_MEMBERS
it throughs only for Public Pages .

But it works properly in Private Pages.
Roshan Qureshi, modificado hace 10 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 159 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi friends,

Currently we have to create ext to add a OOB liferay portlet on the portal page.

Its a common feature in many liferay portal requirements and so we should be able to achieve this by minimum efforts by some configurations only.

I have created one request for this feature to Liferay.

Please vote for this if you like it.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-42946

Thanks,
Roshan Qureshi