Foros de discusión

tomcat context.xml and datasource

raghu N M, modificado hace 13 años.

tomcat context.xml and datasource

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello liferay dev team,
I want to use datasource in context.xml to get information from other databases. But IDE override all my datasources and make it blank.
is there any way i can keep the modified context.xml while i am using tomcat in IDE.

thanks in advance,
Sincerely yours,
Raghu N M
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: tomcat context.xml and datasource

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
That is not currently supported in version 1.1 of the IDE. We will try to support it in future versions of IDE either 1.5 or shortly after.
raghu N M, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/10 Mensajes recientes
ok. we will wait. emoticon
sreekanth samudrala, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 22/12/14 Mensajes recientes
Still, We are surfacing this issue. Do we have any changes with latest Liferay IDE? Please post the details.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
It is not an issue at all.

In the ide when you bind to tomcat the service.xml and context.xml from the server panel trump (overwrite) whatever you put into the local tomcat. That's so the IDE can connect to the tomcat instance when it comes time to manage it.

When using the IDE with tomcat, put your changes into the server.xml and context.xml within the IDE and not to the file in the filesystem directly.