Foros de discusión

Nightly Builds

thumbnail
William Fleming, modificado hace 13 años.

Nightly Builds

Regular Member Mensajes: 180 Fecha de incorporación: 15/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Just have a couple of questions regarding the nightly builds. We have been running 6.1 in our office and it seems to be working well. The only reason we have jumped ahead with this is because of 6.0.5 not working well WebDav. If we were just to pull down and deploy the nightly build each morning using rsync would it just keep updating our database when it was deployed?

Also just on another note is there documentation of the properties that can be put into the portal-extension file? I just keep seeing more and more the deeper I dig into Liferay and would like to know if there is any central piece of documentation with them all in it? Some of them look very useful.

And just one more! Where are the database update scripts located inside the war for liferay?

Thanks

William
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Nightly Builds (Respuesta)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
William Fleming:
Just have a couple of questions regarding the nightly builds. We have been running 6.1 in our office and it seems to be working well. The only reason we have jumped ahead with this is because of 6.0.5 not working well WebDav. If we were just to pull down and deploy the nightly build each morning using rsync would it just keep updating our database when it was deployed?

Wow! Nightly builds aren't stable at all. Perhaps you update some day and liferay doesn't work as expected. Be very careful with that, because the upgrade scripts only executes once, and so many changes made in Liferay trunk since you deployed liferay (and so, upgraded database schema and data) won't take effect. Nightly builds are only for testing!
Please tell me which issue is that in http://issues.liferay.com (LPS) and perhaps we could make a patch for 6.0.5 sources.

William Fleming:

And just one more! Where are the database update scripts located inside the war for liferay?

They are inside sql/ directory in liferay-portal sources ROOT, AFAIK.
thumbnail
William Fleming, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Nightly Builds

Regular Member Mensajes: 180 Fecha de incorporación: 15/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the reply. Ill keep you posted on what we are going to do.

If anyone is interested about the properties documentation i found a large wiki entry which has all of them documented.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portal+Properties+5.1.1#section-Portal+Properties+5.1.1-OpenOffice

For example the document conversion only lets you specify the port there is nothing about the host entry that is stored in the portal-impl.jar and set to localhost by default.

Thanks

William
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Nightly Builds

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
William Fleming:

They sometimes change the database table schema. Automatic database table update may work or not on the nightly build.

William Fleming:
Also just on another note is there documentation of the properties that can be put into the portal-extension file? I just keep seeing more and more the deeper I dig into Liferay and would like to know if there is any central piece of documentation with them all in it? Some of them look very useful.

Take a peek at the portal.properties file. They contain all the available settings and is well commented.