Foros de discusión

Taking away or giving away Personal Public Page

adam tang, modificado hace 13 años.

Taking away or giving away Personal Public Page

Junior Member Mensajes: 36 Fecha de incorporación: 21/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Dear Liferay friends,

I am going to use Liferay as communication channel for my church.

Every newly register user's public page will not be viewable by anyone unless I add a permission directly or indirectly through either Role or User Group or else. This is to prevent non-leader user posting inappropriate content on their public page.

I need to make this requirement simple as the team who is going to manage the portal are not so strong in IT. That means less click / tick the better.

Thank you very much for any suggestion.

Keep in touch.

Adam Tang.
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Taking away or giving away Personal Public Page

Regular Member Mensajes: 246 Fecha de incorporación: 8/06/09 Mensajes recientes
You can do it by removing VIEW permission for all roles for the public page. You can add new public pages with such set of permissions by using site / page templates (in Control Panel).

Dear Szymon Gołębiewski,

Do you mean taking away view permission from community public pages?

My requirement is to let no one will be able to see newly register user's public page unless someone add him / her a role or user group or something that carry the permission.

Thank you for your kind heart.

Dear ALL,

I just found out a better requirement but I don't know how to implement it inside Liferay portal.

1. a guest register and become an user
2. no one can see the user's public page
3. portal administrator add a role or user group and all ppl can see this user's public page
4. the user edit own public page
5. the user's public page cannot be seen again
6. portal administrator approve user's new public page
7. the user's public page can be seen again
8. the user being promoted by portal administrator
9. no approval needed for the user's public page to be seen by anyone after modification of portlet or web contenet.

Again, thank you for any suggestion.

Yours Truly,

Adam Tang.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
You mentioned making it operation simple but the workflow feature in Liferay 6 may be the thing you're actually looking for. Users would be able to make changes but before the created/modified content is actually displayed to the public, the content would have to be approved (in your case probably by the leader).
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 246 Fecha de incorporación: 8/06/09 Mensajes recientes
adam tang:

My requirement is to let no one will be able to see newly register user's public page unless someone add him / her a role or user group or something that carry the permission.

If you will use page template for new user public page no one will be able to see that user public page from start.

adam tang:

I just found out a better requirement but I don't know how to implement it inside Liferay portal.

1. a guest register and become an user
2. no one can see the user's public page
3. portal administrator add a role or user group and all ppl can see this user's public page
4. the user edit own public page
5. the user's public page cannot be seen again
6. portal administrator approve user's new public page
7. the user's public page can be seen again
8. the user being promoted by portal administrator
9. no approval needed for the user's public page to be seen by anyone after modification of portlet or web contenet.

You can use Staging feature (with editorial stage) for that requirement.

Dear Szymon Gołębiewski,

Thank you again for your advice.

Strange, I create page template (with a translation portlet on page), site template (with public page and private page set to created page tmplate), and a user group containing the site template.

page template : restrictedPageTemplate
site template : restrictedSiteTemplate
user group : restrictedUserGroup

and put the restrictedUserGroup in the default user group associated for new user.

I have also create a role called RestrictedUser, remove the Power User and User from default roles associated, put only RestrictedUser in it.

after I create a new user using "create account" on portal welcome page, after I choose my secret answer. Strangely

1. I can add pages, add portlets.

afer logout

2. I can see the new user public page by typing http://abc.dyndns.org:8080/web/newuser

I am using latest tomcat bundled from Liferay.com download page.

Dear Liferay Friends,

I have found no solution for my question yet.

Every new user's public page will not be seen by anyone except the user unless the administrator permit that particular user's public page to be seen.

I have tried advices given in this thread but didn't block the users and guests seeing the new users' public page.

Please help, I am very close to deadline already.