Foros de discusión

How can I view/edit the Hypersonic database bundled with Liferay?

Marcio Marcio, modificado hace 18 años.

New Member Mensajes: 13 Fecha de incorporación: 2/04/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi,<br /><br />I&#39;m not familiar with Hypersonic. Tried to change the database to SQL Server but got some issues. In the meantime, I&#39;ll stick with Hypersonic since it seems to be the one that is working properly.<br /><br />How can I access the content of this database, view tables, edit rows, etc? Is there a client for this database?<br /><br />Thanks.
thumbnail
Shepherd Ching, modificado hace 18 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/05 Mensajes recientes
Hey, Marcio,<br /><br />I learn it from www.hsqldb.org<br /><br />java -cp hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManagerSwing<br />or java -cp hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager<br /><br />Ching
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado hace 18 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2655 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/05 Mensajes recientes
<br />Hi,<br /><br />I&#39;m not familiar with Hypersonic. Tried to change the database to SQL Server but got some issues. In the meantime, I&#39;ll stick with Hypersonic since it seems to be the one that is working properly.<br /><br />How can I access the content of this database, view tables, edit rows, etc? Is there a client for this database?<br /><br />Thanks.<br />
<br /><br />Another way you can do it is to use a free JDBC tool like JaySQL (formerly WinSQL for Java) that you can download from <a href="http://www.synametrics.com/SynametricsWebApp/WinSQLForJdbc.jsp" target="_blank">here</a>.<br /><br />Here is the JDBC connection info:<br /><br />JDBC Class: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver<br />JDBC Connection String: jdbc:hsqldb:file:c:/liferay-3.6.1/jboss-tomcat/bin/test<br />Username: sa<br />Password:<br /><br />Note that you have to replace c:/liferay-3.6.1/jboss-tomcat/bin/test to the one that matches your system.<br /><br />Neil
thumbnail
ilke Muhtaroglu, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: How can I view/edit the Hypersonic database bundled with Liferay?

Regular Member Mensajes: 226 Fecha de incorporación: 12/05/09 Mensajes recientes
I get the following error when I try to do what is described at wiki:

in Configure the HSQL Driver, it is told that we should provide the hsql.jar (this already exists in /lib/ext of liferay tomcat distribution, ok?)

then we are told to provide an url, which is in form "jdbc:hsqldb:."

there it is told url should be "jdbc:hsqldb:file:<path>/lportal"

( according to this link: http://www.emforge.net/web/liferay-petstore-portlet/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Step1:+From+DB+to+simple+UI )

( according to this link: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/70471 )

so what I try is to give URL:

jdbc:hsqldb:file:/home/ilke/lportal6/liferay-apache-tomcat-6.0.26/bin/lportal

Then I get the following error by SQuirreL:

( liferay_hsql: The database is already in use by another process: lockFile: org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile@b82b963b[file =/home/ilke/lportal6/liferay-apache-tomcat-6.0.26/bin/lportal.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, ] method: checkHeartbeat read: 2010-07-01 15:35:24.417 heartbeat - read: -9854 ms.
)

I use Ubuntu, liferay deployed into tomcat.

ilke
Marcio Marcio, modificado hace 18 años.

New Member Mensajes: 13 Fecha de incorporación: 2/04/06 Mensajes recientes
Thanks guys
thumbnail
Palani Venkat, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 32 Fecha de incorporación: 10/11/10 Mensajes recientes
The current HSQLDB can be accessed through the client by executing the following command from the tomcat\lib\ext folder, where hsql.jar is available.

java -cp hsql.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManagerSwing
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
If you shutdown your Liferay, hsql dumps all the sql script to create the database in \data\hsql\lportal.script

Just as a note, you shouldn't change the content of the database directly unless you really know what you're doing.
thumbnail
Michael Bravo, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 26/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Palani,

I know this is an old thread, but I haven't been able to view the DB this way. I am able to get the HSQLDB Swing app to display but when I enter the URL path to the lportal DB it fails with a '.lck' error. I attempted to removing the file, but somehow still get the same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
~Michael
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Just use squirrelSQL. Follow Jelmer's suggestion in the following thread.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12551601

There's also a wiki page.
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/HSQLInspect
thumbnail
Michael Bravo, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 26/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Hitoshi. I ended up using this after posting and it did work fine. Also, In case anyone runs across the same issue, you can use Eclipse. I was also able to accomplish the same by pulling the DB files off the server, storing them locally and connecting using Eclipse's DB Perspective. It's more or less the same connection properties as Squirrel. You just need to point configure the connection to point to a local copy of hsql.jar.

Thanks you again for your reply.
thumbnail
Jobin Mathew, modificado hace 6 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 77 Fecha de incorporación: 4/07/14 Mensajes recientes
To connect to Hypersonic database, i dowloaded SQuirrel SQL from sourceforge .
detailed configuration details are in
https://web.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/HSQLInspect

Thanks