Foros de discusión

Portlets in Private pages still viewable if user doesn't have role

Jordan Miles, modificado hace 8 años.

Portlets in Private pages still viewable if user doesn't have role

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 22/01/15 Mensajes recientes
We've run upon an issue with private pages that we can't figure out. We allow users to add portlets if they have the correct role with the correct permission. What I noticed is that, if I took all of the permissions away from a portlet (for instance, Asset Publisher) it looks like it takes it away from the "Add" list, but if the portlet is already on the page, the user can still see it whether they have permission or not. Is there a way to fix this? We will run into issues if a user has a portlet on their private page and we decide to take the view permission away from that portlet. They'll still see it if it's already on their page. As I understand it, a user is an administrator of their site by default, so we may be looking at this the wrong way. I've also noticed that, by default when the portlet is added, Power User is given "View" by default for that instance. I've tried both removing all of the permissions from the portlet in Control Panel -> Plugin Configuration -> Permissions, as well as taking the role that has view permissions away from the user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Portlets in Private pages still viewable if user doesn't have role

Liferay Master Mensajes: 676 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Jordan,

probably a late answer, but maybe it helps others if they meet the same conditions.

When portlet is placed on a page, permissions are copied into the portlet instance and are not inherited, therefore can be changed only at that level. You need to go to the page and open permissions screen from the portlet actions and change the permissions there.

This was a design decision to allow portal administrators to be able to configure permissions specifically for each portlet instance on page.
Julien Parmentier, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 5/09/16 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I'm having the same problem with Liferay 7.0 GA2 / GA3
I've created a web content portlet on a private page with an admin user. Then removed any "view" permission from the web content instance.
Then, when i log in with a user role only, that user can still see the web content portlet on his private page.

Everything work fine on public pages => portlet view disappear when i remove permission from user.

Did you fine any solution to your problem ? Am i missing something ?

Regards.
need help, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 7/09/16 Mensajes recientes
I am facing the same issue also in Liferay 7 GA 3.

I have a public login page and few private pages accessible when logged.
I am removing view and all other permissions for user role on a portlet and on a web content in a private page. But when I am logged in with an user, I can still see the portlet and the web content.

Thank you for your help.
thumbnail
Aravinth Kumar, modificado hace 7 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 152 Fecha de incorporación: 26/06/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I too tried.And I am facing same issue. I removed all the permissions for web content in a private page still other users are able to view the web content.
thumbnail
Mohammad Azharuddin, modificado hace 7 años.

Expert Mensajes: 492 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/12 Mensajes recientes
Remove the permission from guest and user Role as well