Foros de discusión

How to Automate new Instance Creation ?

thumbnail
Roberto Reverol, modificado hace 8 años.

How to Automate new Instance Creation ?

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 13/03/15 Mensajes recientes
I am new in liferay. I have been trying multitenant features and would like to know how to automate new instance creation.

I would like someone to indicate the whole process in general, in order to select the learning path. Should I write a new portlet ? Should I use the scripting engine? Maybe both of them?
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: How to Automate new Instance Creation ?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1744 Fecha de incorporación: 6/11/08 Mensajes recientes
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: How to Automate new Instance Creation ?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Somehow everything else but instance creation sounds like more prone to automation to me. However, if you're going to go this way: It depends on your automation requirements: If you have an external system that triggers the need for a new instance, the API seems like a good way to go. If it's triggered from Liferay itself, you probably have some kind of UI, most likely in a portlet. This portlet would use the same API to create a new instance. Or, if you have only an occasional new instance, every now and then (as I perceive as the more common usecase) just use the UI in ControlPanel.

Database Shards, as Sandeep Nair mentions them, are not a good candidate for automation: They're assigned to the different instances "round robin", if you have 2 shards but 3 instances, one of the shards will contain data for two instances. Also, they typically don't solve the problem that you think they solve - I'd go without them. Introducing a new shard to the portal involves a restart. Getting rid of one is a serious operation.