Junior Member Mensajes: 47 Fecha de incorporación: 29/12/14 Mensajes recientes
Hello guys

what is the difference between the liferay 6.1 and 6.2

Regards
Kartik shiroya
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: difference between the liferay 6.1 and 6.2

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Liferay 6.1 CE will not receive any more updates (for quite a while now). Liferay 6.2 is the current version that you should choose. If you wonder if you should upgrade: You should (as there are no more updates for 6.1). Upgrade to 6.2 CE or 6.1 EE (which still will get updates for a while).
thumbnail
kartik shiroya, modificado hace 8 años.

Hello

thanks a lot Olaf Kock
but i got ask this question in my one interview and i was blank about it so
please can you elaborate it as technical question.

Regards
kartik
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
kartik shiroya:
but i got ask this question in my one interview and i was blank about it so please can you elaborate it as technical question

6.1 is the predecessor to 6.2 - everything has been retouched. If you have never seen 6.1, what's the point in covering some of the differences here? Enable you to fake an interview?

I don't even know if this is for frontend, backend, implementation, customization etc. 6.1 is still available on sourceforge: Just download it and compare it with 6.2 or look at the release notes. Installation is quick. Technically the difference is not too big - 6.2 has a lot of new features but follows the same principles. 7.0 will completely change the architecture to be OSGi based, but that's not what you asked for. On top of that, there are more changes as well, but no forum answer would provide you the complete difference listing.
thumbnail
kartik shiroya, modificado hace 8 años.

Hello

Thansk a lot Olaf Kock for reply

It is helpful for me

Regards
Kartik