Foros de discusión

SPA and Dashboard theme

abhishek kumar, modificado hace 8 años.

SPA and Dashboard theme

Regular Member Mensajes: 138 Fecha de incorporación: 17/08/15 Mensajes recientes
hello
I have created Single_page_application using angular js.for basic model itself it is running successfully...

i want to ask i had already created a dashboard theme in which navigation panel is there(freemaker and styled) , now how to give connection to dashboard theme to mine single page application portlet..plz help me to figure this out as already been delayed ...as i had put screenshot aslo.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: SPA and Dashboard theme

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Wrap it up as a portlet and deploy onto the page.
abhishek kumar, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 138 Fecha de incorporación: 17/08/15 Mensajes recientes
David H Nebinger:
Wrap it up as a portlet and deploy onto the page.

thanku sir for your brief reply, actually i have to go to embeded or wrap.?? plz explain in details

although if i wraped or embed also it will show in server but how it will connect to navigation (dashboard_theme)

as i have to give connection of dashboard theme to single page application , the portlet has been already ready

the connection i have to give that is been delayed..??
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You have two basic choices:

1. you wrap the SPA as a portlet. For angular, that means you're bootstrapping the app into place (not trying to declare it simply as an ng-app attribute, doing and actual bootstrap load into your portlet container). In this option, you are using Liferay navigation bar to nav between portal pages and your angular nav is limited inside your angular portlet, it will not own nor manage the address bar.

2. you do a SPA and manage your own navigation, address bar, etc. In this option, Liferay is providing nothing but the user management and a wide-ranging javascript API. In fact, Liferay won't even be part of your angular html fragments/display.

Note you cannot have both of these, you have to pick one or the other.
Viktor Dzundza, modificado hace 7 años.

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 16/09/16 Mensajes recientes
As I understood, I will have an access to LifeRay user management, files, permission only via REST calls ? Am I right ?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

If you go the route of using a full blown Angular app, yes. Most folks fall back to using angular portlets and just live with the issues they encounter, but I have seen an application where it is completely angular and use the Liferay web service APIs, but that's a lot of code to deal with...