Foros de discusión

How do I do my translation?

thumbnail
Tobias S. Käfer, modificado hace 13 años.

How do I do my translation?

Regular Member Mensajes: 128 Fecha de incorporación: 28/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi!

I had a short chat with Corné Aussems at the Liferay Europe Symposium about how to deal with the translations right now.
I gave him a very brief abstract, that I use a tool called kdiff3, which is capable of comparing 3 files at once.
So if you are going to translate new changes, first backup your current (last translated) version of the Language_de.properties file (or Language_es.properties, Language_jp.properties .....):
cp Language_de.properties Language_de.properties.last

After that sync with subversion:
svn up

Now your are ready to compare the changes:
kdiff3 Language.properties Language_de.properties.last Language_de.properties

After kdiff3 is done comparing those files, you are ready to merge them. Just select merge in the kdiff3 menu.

You should see a result that looks like the screenshot attached.

I think this is a good solution for the moment, until there might me something better (hopefully).

Cheers
Tobias

PS:
I changed the resolution of the screenshot and switched to English for a better understanding for non German speakers.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: How do I do my translation?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
Too short to my opinion , sorry for that.
because im behind my selfimposed translation schedule, i will try your solution asap

Thanks for lightening the burden
thumbnail
Tobias S. Käfer, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 128 Fecha de incorporación: 28/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Corné Aussems:
Too short to my opinion , sorry for that.

Time is short between those workshops emoticon
Nevertheless, it is good to talk, even when it is just for a moment!

Corné Aussems:
because im behind my selfimposed translation schedule, i will try your solution asap

Thanks for lightening the burden

You're welcome!
Hopefully this helps you and others, for dealing with the current situation.

cheers
Tobias
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Thanks a lot for sharing this Tobias! It was greeting seeing both of you at the Symposium emoticon
thumbnail
Sergio González, modificado hace 13 años.

Expert Mensajes: 301 Fecha de incorporación: 7/01/10 Mensajes recientes
Yep! Same here!
It was great to see you guys!
emoticon
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
Great to see all of you guys,

This event was really venerating to me and gives me so much positive energy for the future.
It was inspiring and gave me the acknowledgement i made the right decision some years ago to devote my professional life to this great Organization and its community.

If any of you are in somekind of need when visting my beloved Amsterdam, please don't hesitate to contact me.

BTW Julio, i asked my children (and wife) and they do not want to live in Madrid emoticon i'm sorry too
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hey Corné, Tobias,

sorry, somehow I've missed both of you. Let's not miss each other next year - or meet while waiting for the next symposium.

Olaf