Foros de discusión

integrate rating taglib in theme portal_normal.vm

thumbnail
Raja Seth, modificado hace 8 años.

integrate rating taglib in theme portal_normal.vm

Regular Member Mensajes: 233 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Team,

Can we integrate Liferay default rating functionality or (rating taglib) inside theme in portal_normal.vm.

Thanks & Regards,
Raja
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: integrate rating taglib in theme portal_normal.vm

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Why? There should not be anything in the theme to rate...
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 233 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/11 Mensajes recientes
David H Nebinger:
Why? There should not be anything in the theme to rate...

Hi David,

I require a page level rating functionality. Is it possible through default Liferay Rating taglib?

Regards,
Raja
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Not that I know of. Usually this means that someone giving you the requirement doesn't understand Liferay or the requirement has been misinterpreted.

In Liferay, of course, pages are just containers. They are not like the old static HTML pages that we used to create where a page rating might have had some validity.

In Liferay, since pages are just containers they can end up containing different things at different times. A rating on a container is like rating one cardboard box better than another, it has nothing to do with the contents of the cardboard boxes themselves.
thumbnail

David,

I didn't get your sentence what you said. Can you please explain what you want to say?
thumbnail
Punam Shah, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: integrate rating taglib in theme portal_normal.vm (Respuesta)

Regular Member Mensajes: 117 Fecha de incorporación: 20/01/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello Raja,

I think it can be achievable by binding the Page Rating Portlet into your theme rather to write a separate logic to apply taglib. Hope this will help you to fix your issue.

Regards !!!
thumbnail

Thank you Poonam!!!

I got my answer.