Foros de discusión

Language change widget questions

Michele Giacobazzi, modificado hace 8 años.

Language change widget questions

Junior Member Mensajes: 40 Fecha de incorporación: 9/09/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi, I've added the language change widget to the theme of my liferay portal 6.1.

I've used the following code.

$taglibLiferay.language("fm", null, "languageId", 3)

The widget is correctly created but the italian language has a "beta" attribute [italiano (Italia) - Beta] that I would like to remove.
How can I personalize this field? Do I have to change the liferay DB?

Second question:
is there a javascript event fired on language change?
I would need to handle that in some portlet.

Thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: Language change widget questions

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
There was something about the "beta" being tacked on by the language bundle, if I remember correctly. Removing it may just be a matter of correcting the language bundle.

I don't believe there's anything javascripty there, Liferay normally will treat a new language selection as a full page refresh in order to change the labels from the current language to the new language.

David H Nebinger:
There was something about the "beta" being tacked on by the language bundle, if I remember correctly. Removing it may just be a matter of correcting the language bundle.

I don't believe there's anything javascripty there, Liferay normally will treat a new language selection as a full page refresh in order to change the labels from the current language to the new language.

Yes, I found out there is a locales.beta property we can set on portal-ext.properties:
locales.beta =
removes the "Beta" from all languages.

I have another problem now: the current widget displays:
italiano | Deutsch

How can i capitalize "italiano"?
Is there any way to show the currently selected language? I do not find any css class on the created link..

On the javascript side, i manually added the event, in order to perform the needed checks before page reload.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
The capitalization is likely defined in the language bundle.

David H Nebinger:
The capitalization is likely defined in the language bundle.

no it isn't. (at least as of 6.1.1)
I'm afraid it might be in liferay db tables