Foros de discusión

how to display browser time zone not a server time

thumbnail
Kiran Yalavali, modificado hace 8 años.

how to display browser time zone not a server time

Regular Member Mensajes: 175 Fecha de incorporación: 15/10/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

how to display my browser time zone in excel sheet file not server time ,when am download the excel sheet display on server time but here i want to display my browser time zone.

Please help me any one.

Thanks,
Kiran.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: how to display browser time zone not a server time

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14917 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Of course that will depend upon how you're creating the spreadsheet.

Me, well I would of course be taking the user's defined timezone into effect when converting timestamps from the database (which are in GMT).

As long as the user set up their timezone in their profile, they would get the right results.

Liferay does not use location services so it will not automatically determine your timezone based on where your browser happens to be running, so you must specify it yourself.
thumbnail
Kiran Yalavali, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 175 Fecha de incorporación: 15/10/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply,
how to achive this issue so please give me any source code and any links,

Please help me,

Thanks,
Kiran.
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 529 Fecha de incorporación: 21/10/10 Mensajes recientes
How the excel file is created? I suppose that the downloading will not change the time of the file at all (I presume you are talking about the modified date of the file), so unless you can handle it on file creation on server side, it won't be an easy task.