Foros de discusión

stuck when using LAR import/export

thumbnail
Laurent REMY, modificado hace 8 años.

stuck when using LAR import/export

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 1/12/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

I recently faced a new problem using Liferay 6.2GA4.
I try to export and import content from one server to another.

The problem is: sometimes, the process get stuck in the middle (78%, 0%, 100%, etc.), not depending on the size of content (works with 132,8MB, with 61k, but not with another between these values).
A successfull export does not work when importing on another server. Next morning, another export works well on the same "another server".

And the best is: there is no trace in the logs.

So my question is: I really would like to have some logs on what is going on with export and import processes, so what are the categories for which I have to improve the loglevel?

Thanks!

Laurent
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: stuck when using LAR import/export

Regular Member Mensajes: 208 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/09 Mensajes recientes
l suggest turning all "lar" classes to log level ALL.

com.liferay.portlet.journal.lar and com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.lar should tell you what they are then working on
the higher up classes com.liferay.portal.lar and com.liferay.portal.kernel.lar will show some information as well but not as relevant when getting "stuck".

I have moved significant numbers of articles and documents between two systems recently and found I had to specify dates precisely in order to get the right exports. Not having folder based export is a bind.
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: stuck when using LAR import/export

Liferay Master Mensajes: 753 Fecha de incorporación: 9/01/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

Activating the log level to DEBUG or ALL for Staging and LAR Export/Import is always a good idea, as you get some idea about the point process is stucked.

You should also check the Java available memory and garbage collector runs, If Java configured memory is not enough to store all objects that being exported, GC will start running continuously and LAR/Staging process will become slower and slower.

Regards,
Jorge