Foros de discusión

Multiple sites in a portal instance

avasek atok, modificado hace 8 años.

Multiple sites in a portal instance

Junior Member Mensajes: 41 Fecha de incorporación: 9/01/15 Mensajes recientes
Hi - I have created a portal instance and mapped it to a virtual host(www.company.com). I created a site in the instance and I am happy as I was able to access the site with the virtual host domain.
I created a site there and i was able to access the public pages of the site as www.company.com/web/sitename/friendlyURL

However now i created another site in the same instance which I mapped to a new virtual host as www.company2.com. Created a public page there and observed the url generated to access the public page is www.company2.com/friendlyURL. I no more see web is appended to the URL.
What I was expecting : www.company2.com/web/siteName2/friendlyURL
What I observed : www.company2.com/friendlyURL

Just want to check if am i missing any configuration. Please suggest if there is a way to acheive it.

Thanks

RE: Multiple sites in a portal instance

Any suggestions please ....
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
No hurry if there's no answer within 3 hours. This is all voluntary work we're doing here.

What you experience is exactly what happens when you provide a virtual host name for a site: The virtual host name uniquely identifies that you're dealing with a specific site. It even defines if you're on the public or private pages of that site. Thus, there's no need to provide /web/sitename any more and it's being omitted.

If you don't set your sitename (and probably even when you do) you can also access your content under www.company.com/web/siteName2/friendlyURL - there you need the /web/siteName2 part. When you already are coming in through the virtual host, it's not required any more.

Thanks Kock for quick turn. I understand /web/siteName is omitted, but want to know if through by any config change we can restore the URL with /web.
Does liferay supports it through by any config change?

Thanks,