Foros de discusión

Join an organization ?

thumbnail
steve rieger, modificado hace 13 años.

Join an organization ?

Expert Mensajes: 436 Fecha de incorporación: 11/09/06 Mensajes recientes
is it possible to have users join an org ?

without having the admin team add them...
Nikhil Sood, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Join an organization ?

Junior Member Mensajes: 41 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Steve,
Did you find any answer to this? I have similiar situation, where users may search and request to Join the Organization.
Thanks,
Nikhil
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Is there any reason to be using organization instead of site/community?
Nikhil Sood, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 41 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hitoshi,

In my case, users can request membership to the Community (associated with an organization). And when the Admin approves the membership request, requester become member of the community only, and not to the assiciated Organization, which restricts the ability to have hierarchical search user search. As of now, Admin has to manually make the requester member of the organization.

Any ideas or suggestions for a better solution?

Thanks,
Nikhil
thumbnail
Mazhar Alam, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 191 Fecha de incorporación: 25/11/11 Mensajes recientes
You can check summary portlet..If user requests and is able to join a community automatically.. over here
If you need moderator in between then may be you have to customize the portlet..
thumbnail
Daniel Kiyotomo Ozeki, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 2/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello Steve,

I don't know what your specific use case is but I am assuming you want to give users the be able to view all the organizations on your portal and then assign themselves to those organizations.

If that is the case there is a way by adding certain permission to their roles. For example if you go to your control panel and go to "Roles" and click on the edit button on the "User" role you will see different permissions. Since the User role is a Regular role you will have a "Portal" section in the "Add Permissions" drop down menu (Organization roles and Site Roles will not have this option available).

In the "Add Permissions" drop down menu under "Portal", if you go to "Users and Organizations" and under "Organizations" you can check "Assign Members" and "View". What this does is it grants the user the ability to see the "Users and Organizations" control in their control panel. This way a user can then go into their own control panel and click "Users and Organizations" and see all the organizations and then assign themselves to that organization.

Let me know if that was helpful or on the right track