Foros de discusión

Ukrainian translation

thumbnail
Philippe Brière, modificado hace 13 años.

Ukrainian translation

Junior Member Mensajes: 29 Fecha de incorporación: 15/04/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I commited a Ukrainian translation for Liferay. As far as I know, there was none before.
Hope I did this quite properly.
Issue is LPS-12286.

Credits are to our Smile company developpers in Kiev.

Hope that helps.
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Ukrainian translation

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Philippe,

Thanks a lot for your contribution. We do have a translation for Ukranian for Liferay 6 which was contributed by Bo M. Maryniuk (Translation Team). He is currently the leader of the Ukranian translation. Hopefully, he will get in touch with you in the next days to see if there is a way to integrate your efforts with his.

A good way to start joining efforts would be for you to download liferay 6, and try to use your language improvements in the current Ukranian translation. Would that be possible?

Thanks a lot again.
Sergey Stepanenko, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 47 Fecha de incorporación: 1/06/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi there,

As far as I can see - Ukrainian and Russian translations are way too far from perfect since 5.x.
6.0.5 has almost the same translation files with many keys missing and some that need to be checked on a working portal for proper context.

I'm doing some translations as I see wrong signs and could contribute from time to time, but I have not seen any development or movement on this subject for some time now.

Please let me know if it is possible to do in some svn way so it could be updated over time.
Dmitry Babain, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 238 Fecha de incorporación: 23/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Насчет украинской не знаю, а русский перевод лучше и проще обсуждать в русском форуме.
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/category/3428484
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Sergey,

Dimitri is the leader of the Russian translation, so probably you can join efforts with him to improve the Russian translation.

For the Ukranian translation, the leader is Bo M. Maryniuk, I can help you to get in touch with him if you want to collaborate or contribute your improvements. Be aware that the deadline for getting your improvements into the next release (6.0.6), is February 11th.

Thanks a lot!

Julio Camarero:
Hi Sergey,

Dimitri is the leader of the Russian translation, so probably you can join efforts with him to improve the Russian translation.

For the Ukranian translation, the leader is Bo M. Maryniuk, I can help you to get in touch with him if you want to collaborate or contribute your improvements. Be aware that the deadline for getting your improvements into the next release (6.0.6), is February 11th.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

That would be nice. Have a little bit to commit. Regarding next release - it is always quite simple to put lang file into portal or use a hook. That is to be quite updated with latest translation.

Thanks in advance for the connection.
thumbnail

Hi Philippe,

did you get any response from Bodgan?

I just went through your work and I saw that all the characters are not UTF-8 but ascii. Would it be possible for you to provide the translation with the UTF-8 characters?

thanks a lot!

Julio Camarero:
Hi Philippe,

did you get any response from Bodgan?

I just went through your work and I saw that all the characters are not UTF-8 but ascii. Would it be possible for you to provide the translation with the UTF-8 characters?

thanks a lot!

Hello,

I have no response and what work are You talking about? I have not submitted anything. I have some "current work" lang file, but I don't know where to submit it. On the other hand - I dont know what is the latest lang file for ukrainian. If it is from trunk - I can do some cleanup in couple days for it to be somewhat good. Regarding UTF-8 - I know about it. Doing it in eclipse. Hook plugin through Liferay IDE 1.1 does display properly on portal.
thumbnail

Hi Sergey,

that message was for Philippe, who submitted some improvements several months ago.

You can find the latest file here: Language_uk.properties

User: guest
Password: (empty)

Make sure to use UTF-8 encoding for changing the file. Once you have some improvements you can open a ticket here (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS) called "Improvements to Ukrainian Language" and upload your file there. Let us know through this forum, and then Bodgan will review the changes and I will include it in the next release. You don't need to finish everything to upload the file, we can do it in several steps.

thanks a lot!
thumbnail
Philippe Brière, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 29 Fecha de incorporación: 15/04/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

Thanks, I'll forward to my fellows at Kiew and provide for feedback when possible.

All the best.

Phil