Foros de discusión

How to check required functionality for select in structure.

thumbnail
Raja Seth, modificado hace 8 años.

How to check required functionality for select in structure.

Regular Member Mensajes: 233 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I have created a sample structure in which I have text-field, text-box, document & media, image, single-select, multi-select. All these fields are required. Now when I am trying to create a content and publishing it without any details filled, it doesn't shows any validation message for single-select and multi-select type. Is there an issue with the structure of liferay or is there anything I am missing while creating structure to make select boxes required?

Thanks & Regards.,
Raja
thumbnail
Harish Kumar, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: How to check required functionality for select in structure.

Expert Mensajes: 483 Fecha de incorporación: 31/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi

You can make structure fields required. when creating the web content using structure, edit the structure, there you will find "Edit Options" button using this will open the new pop up with all available options.

Regards
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 233 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Harish Kumar:
Hi

You can make structure fields required. when creating the web content using structure, edit the structure, there you will find "Edit Options" button using this will open the new pop up with all available options.

Regards

Required functionality is working for other fields not for select. Can you please test and let me know what I am missing in case of select field.
thumbnail
Harish Kumar, modificado hace 8 años.

Expert Mensajes: 483 Fecha de incorporación: 31/07/10 Mensajes recientes
I have already tested it on liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2
thumbnail
Devang Patel, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 247 Fecha de incorporación: 19/01/15 Mensajes recientes
Hi Raja Seth,

I am using Liferay 6.2 GA4.
It is working fine. I am not sure but there is an issue in your liferay webcontent structure.
Create new structure and check it again.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail

Hi Devang,

Thanks for attaching the image. Can you please add select-box also in the structure and attach the image and show me how it works when select-box is required?

Regards,
Raja
thumbnail
Devang Patel, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 247 Fecha de incorporación: 19/01/15 Mensajes recientes
Hi Raja,

Can you please add select-box also in the structure and attach the image and show me how it works when select-box is required?

Please find below attachment:
Let me know if you require any help!

Thank You,
Devang Patel

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail

RE: How to check required functionality for select in structure. (Respuesta)

Hi Devang,

Still you haven't added the select dropdown which I have already mentioned twice in my comment. Anyway I have raised a ticket to liferay they have reproduced it and would provide the patch for the same.

Attaching the screenshot for select box not working even on required fields.

Regards,
raja