Foros de discusión

Official KCDC Screens Challenge Thread!

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 8 años.

Official KCDC Screens Challenge Thread!

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
This thread is started for developers from KCDC to post their screenshots and experiences using Liferay Screens and the Liferay Screens Challenge! The first 10 to do so will receive awesome gifts from Liferay! Check your email inbox for details!
Krista LaFentres, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: Official KCDC Screens Challenge Thread!

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 8/07/15 Mensajes recientes
I had some trouble with the material version of the DDL form not loading on my phone. It worked fine when I ran it on the emulator though. I couldn't get the filepicker to work on my phone or on the emulator but everything else went really smoothly emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hey Krista! Congratulations, we'll contact you separately to arrange your gift shipment.

As far as the file picker on the phone - can you say what Android version you are using? And if possible, can you look at the adb logcat output and see if there are obvious screens-related errors? Thanks!
Krista LaFentres, modificado hace 8 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 8/07/15 Mensajes recientes
I'm running Android 4.4.2 on my phone.

Here's the error log when the DDL form won't load on my phone:

07-17 13:11:12.294  16810-16810/com.liferay.screenschallenge I/LiferayScreens﹕ loaded form
07-17 13:11:12.365  16810-16810/com.liferay.screenschallenge E/Event﹕ Could not dispatch event: class com.liferay.mobile.screens.ddl.form.interactor.formload.DDLFormLoadEvent to subscribing class class com.liferay.mobile.screens.ddl.form.interactor.formload.DDLFormLoadInteractorImpl
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.BaseDDLFieldTextView.afterTextChanged(BaseDDLFieldTextView.java:50)
            at android.widget.TextView.sendAfterTextChanged(TextView.java:7668)
            at android.widget.TextView.setText(TextView.java:3956)
            at android.widget.TextView.setText(TextView.java:3805)
            at android.widget.EditText.setText(EditText.java:80)
            at android.widget.TextView.setText(TextView.java:3780)
            at android.widget.TextView.setTransformationMethod(TextView.java:1853)
            at android.widget.TextView.applySingleLine(TextView.java:7348)
            at android.widget.TextView.setInputType(TextView.java:4169)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.DDLFieldSelectView.onFinishInflate(DDLFieldSelectView.java:76)
            at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:763)
            at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:492)
            at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:397)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.DDLFormView.addFieldView(DDLFormView.java:263)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.DDLFormView.showFormFields(DDLFormView.java:193)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.DDLFormView.showFinishOperation(DDLFormView.java:148)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.ddl.form.DDLFormScreenlet.onDDLFormLoaded(DDLFormScreenlet.java:130)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.ddl.form.interactor.formload.DDLFormLoadInteractorImpl.onEvent(DDLFormLoadInteractorImpl.java:64)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
            at de.greenrobot.event.EventBus.invokeSubscriber(EventBus.java:498)
            at de.greenrobot.event.EventBus.postToSubscription(EventBus.java:429)
            at de.greenrobot.event.EventBus.postSingleEventForEventType(EventBus.java:410)
            at de.greenrobot.event.EventBus.postSingleEvent(EventBus.java:383)
            at de.greenrobot.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:263)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.util.EventBusUtil.post(EventBusUtil.java:25)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.base.interactor.InteractorAsyncTaskCallback.onSuccess(InteractorAsyncTaskCallback.java:37)
            at com.liferay.mobile.android.task.callback.typed.GenericAsyncTaskCallback.onPostExecute(GenericAsyncTaskCallback.java:30)
            at com.liferay.mobile.android.task.ServiceAsyncTask.onPostExecute(ServiceAsyncTask.java:70)
            at com.liferay.mobile.android.task.ServiceAsyncTask.onPostExecute(ServiceAsyncTask.java:29)
            at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:632)
            at android.os.AsyncTask.access$600(AsyncTask.java:177)
            at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:645)
            at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
            at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5103)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:790)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:606)
            at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
07-17 13:11:12.365  16810-16810/com.liferay.screenschallenge D/Event﹕ No subscribers registered for event class de.greenrobot.event.SubscriberExceptionEvent

And here's the error that happens with the filepicker on my phone:

07-17 13:18:10.973  29341-29341/com.liferay.screenschallenge D/AndroidRuntime﹕ Shutting down VM
07-17 13:18:10.973  29341-29341/com.liferay.screenschallenge W/dalvikvm﹕ threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x417dae48)
07-17 13:18:10.983  29341-29341/com.liferay.screenschallenge E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.liferay.screenschallenge, PID: 29341
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.SelectFileDialog.getFileEntries(SelectFileDialog.java:137)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.SelectFileDialog.createDialog(SelectFileDialog.java:60)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.DDLDocumentFieldView.showSelectFileDialog(DDLDocumentFieldView.java:156)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.DDLDocumentFieldView.onClick(DDLDocumentFieldView.java:69)
            at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:4442)
            at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:18471)
            at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
            at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
            at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5103)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:790)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:606)
            at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

And on the emulator:

07-17 13:25:44.999    2736-2736/com.liferay.screenschallenge D/AndroidRuntime﹕ Shutting down VM
 --------- beginning of crash
07-17 13:25:44.999    2736-2736/com.liferay.screenschallenge E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.liferay.screenschallenge, PID: 2736
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to get length of null array
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.SelectFileDialog.getFileEntries(SelectFileDialog.java:137)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.SelectFileDialog.createDialog(SelectFileDialog.java:60)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.DDLDocumentFieldView.showSelectFileDialog(DDLDocumentFieldView.java:156)
            at com.liferay.mobile.screens.viewsets.defaultviews.ddl.form.fields.DDLDocumentFieldView.onClick(DDLDocumentFieldView.java:69)
            at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:4756)
            at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:19749)
            at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
            at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
            at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5221)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:899)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:694)
thumbnail
Javier Gamarra, modificado hace 8 años.

Expert Mensajes: 348 Fecha de incorporación: 12/02/15 Mensajes recientes
Thank you! (and sorry :S)

I'll check and send a hotfix asap!
thumbnail
Javier Gamarra, modificado hace 8 años.

Expert Mensajes: 348 Fecha de incorporación: 12/02/15 Mensajes recientes
Hi!,

I've released a hotfix (1.1.2) to master in github fixing the material DDL form problem. It'll be available in maven central / jcenter in some days, we want to release another bugfixes with this one.

The material and DDL problem was caused by an inexistent type in the edittext of a layout file (only in the material viewset and failing only in some phones).

I could't reproduce the file chooser bug... I've tried with 3 phones and 6 (3 genymotion, 3 emulator) images, without success. But I think I can imagine some reasons for the NPE, it could be due to permissions... the file chooser reads the primary storage and could need permissions to do it in some phones, the dev guide/docs advise that you need write permissions to be able to use the document field (for the camera, and read for the chooser). Did you add a WRITE permission?

Or it could be due to the SD/primary storage being unavailable for some reason (like being used by the system or mounted in the PC).

I've added checks for these cases and I hope that those will fix (or at least reveal) the underlying problem.

I'll let you know when the hotfix is available in mavencentral/jcenter.

Thanks for the feedback! emoticon
thumbnail
Jitesh Dadlani, modificado hace 8 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 7/01/15 Mensajes recientes
Liferay Screens - Android - Custom Screenlet

1. I could setup Liferay Screens and Setup Up the Demo Apps and its work perfectly fine.
2. I also created a Custom Screenlet for Android.

Attached the Screen Shots for Reference. [Emulator used is BlueStacks]

1. Custom Screen Let - MessageBoard
2. Listing of the Messages after Adding the Message Board
3. Green Theme Liferay Test App
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1261 Fecha de incorporación: 2/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Wow, Jitesh! This is so cool! Great job, man! emoticon
I have a quick question for you: would you be open to contributing this Message Boards Screenlet to the project?
As you know, Liferay Screens is an open source project, and I am pretty sure this contribution would be extremely welcomed by our community.
Please let me know what do you think about this: it would be a great opportunity to contribute to the Screens project...and be remembered forever! ;)
Best,
Juan
thumbnail
Jitesh Dadlani, modificado hace 8 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 7/01/15 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Juan, I am open for contributing to Liferay emoticon
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1261 Fecha de incorporación: 2/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Awesome! Next step would be to send a pull request to our repo: github.com/liferay/liferay-screens
Looking forward to see this new Screenlet in the next Screens major version! emoticon
Thanks for your generosity,
Juan