Foros de discusión

how to host multiple instance in liferay

thumbnail
Akash Jaisawal, modificado hace 8 años.

how to host multiple instance in liferay

Regular Member Mensajes: 141 Fecha de incorporación: 3/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I have created a new Portal instance in liferay (newportal.com). I want to host it in my local machine.

anyhelp would e apriciated!

regards
Akash
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: how to host multiple instance in liferay

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
You access instances through the hostname that you assign to the instance. So, make sure that the name that you gave to that instance resolves to the computer in question - e.g. localhost. This might involve an entrance in your etc/hosts file (location depending on your operating system)

On a related note: Please collect some karma by crossreferencing all the places on the web where you asked the same question. If someone has answered the question there already, we can save the same work at all of the other places. Thanks.

There's no inherent problem with crossposting in different places - just link all of them to each other. In general it's better to get along without crossposting though.
thumbnail
Akash Jaisawal, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 141 Fecha de incorporación: 3/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Thansk Olaf for your reply.
Actually i ve posted that question on the same time.
In future i will keep it in mind that how can i just only use the link of my query.

thanks
akash
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
well, if you still don't post the link, here it is. Those who google this thread might get something out of getting two independent answers - maybe one helps better than the other.
thumbnail
Vishal Kumar, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 198 Fecha de incorporación: 12/12/12 Mensajes recientes
Thanks OLAF. It is a helpful link.