Foros de discusión

compilation of ext plugin in Liferay IDE

thumbnail
ilke Muhtaroglu, modificado hace 13 años.

compilation of ext plugin in Liferay IDE

Regular Member Mensajes: 226 Fecha de incorporación: 12/05/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

We have created ext plugin through Liferay-IDE.

How can we have the code compiled and deployed to Liferay through Liferay IDE.

For example we write system.out.println("hello world!");

But It doesn't appear in the console when we run Liferay server. It appears Liferay IDE doesnt not autopmatically compile the code, what do we need to achieve this. Clean the project and rebuild , or make a compile through ant ? (These options I have tried but they dont compile the code...)

We make the ext plug-in in Liferay Server interrelated by drag&drop, is this enough to have every change appear on Liferay Server, do we need a remove and re-drag&drop to deploy the ext-plugin to liferay server?

Any idea is appreciated ?

ilke
v c vijayan, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: compilation of ext plugin in Liferay IDE

thumbnail
Zeeshan Khan, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 349 Fecha de incorporación: 21/07/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi !

i tried to deploy by ur steps.....but its not working...

INFO: Server startup in 55887 ms
Expanding: C:\Users\new_user\Desktop\LIFERAY\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0\liferay-portal-6.0.6\deploy\xxxxx-ext-6.0.6.1.war into C:\Users\new_user\Desktop\LIFERAY\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\temp\20120118143430959
Copying 1 file to C:\Users\new_user\Desktop\LIFERAY\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\temp\20120118143430959\WEB-INF\classes
Copying 1 file to C:\Users\new_user\Desktop\LIFERAY\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\temp\20120118143430959\WEB-INF\classes
Copying 1 file to C:\Users\new_user\Desktop\LIFERAY\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\temp\20120118143430959\WEB-INF
Copying 23 files to C:\Users\new_user\Desktop\LIFERAY\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\webapps\xxxxx-ext
Copying 2 files to C:\Users\new_user\Desktop\LIFERAY\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\webapps\xxxxx-ext
Deleting directory C:\Users\new_user\Desktop\LIFERAY\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\temp\20120118143430959
Jan 18, 2012 2:34:40 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources
INFO: Reloading context [/xxxxx-ext]
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Can you try upgrading to latest version of IDE version 1.5.0 and try again? thanks.
thumbnail
Zeeshan Khan, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 349 Fecha de incorporación: 21/07/11 Mensajes recientes
Gregory Amerson:
Can you try upgrading to latest version of IDE version 1.5.0 and try again? thanks.

Hi Gregory !!

i have updated my Liferay eclipse IDE....but still nothing coming after clicking Add More under UNDEFINED category.......
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
When you deploy an EXT plugin to a server and choose "publish" it should automatically run the ant deploy command on the ext plugin project which should compile and jar up all the classes and place them in the correct location in your liferay tomcat install. However, at this time there is no "undeploy" command, so you have to manually remove those jars that are copied to uninstall the ext-plugin.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
ilke Muhtaroglu:
For example we write system.out.println("hello world!");

But It doesn't appear in the console when we run Liferay server.

Before Greg goes too far down this rabbit hole, I'm wondering if there's some confusion in Ilke's area...

Ilke, what exactly did you put in the ext plugin for this message to be generated on the console? For the most part, the ext plugin is used to extend and/or override core Liferay functionality. But as part of doing that extension/overriding, you'll typically have to touch the spring config so the new classes are invoked by the portal.

And by invoked, there's a difference between getting invoked when the portal starts up and invoked on need. For example, if you've overridden a method to print the message when someone posts a comment to a wiki page, then obviously the message wouldn't get printed unless someone actually did it.
thumbnail
ilke Muhtaroglu, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 226 Fecha de incorporación: 12/05/09 Mensajes recientes
I am done with this post. I dont have this error any more. Thanks for the replies and help.

Regards