Foros de discusión

Liferay Sync only downloads limited number of files

thumbnail
Aldo De Vleeschauwer, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Sync only downloads limited number of files

Junior Member Mensajes: 35 Fecha de incorporación: 9/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

Liferay Sync 1.2.2-ga3 has been running fine for quite a while for a specific user. The server is Liferay 6.1-EE-GA3.

We have just installed Liferay Sync on another PC, using the same Liferay user .

Although there are hundreds of files in this one particular Site, Sync only downloads a dozen or so. When we tried with another site, that worked fine, all documents were synched.

From the Sync log, it looks as though he gets a list of things to do from a JSON service (dlsync / get-dl-sync-update), which appears to be built using the DLSync table.

But Sync treats everything in the order it is in the list, for example tries to find the parent of a folder that comes first in the list, whereas the parent is further down in the list so not yet existing in the h2 DB and so fails to sync the folder.

So I wonder if the issue we have is caused by the (non) order in which the JSON service generates the list of events ?

Can anyone correct/confirm my assumptions ?

Thanks.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Liferay Sync only downloads limited number of files

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Aldo,

We've found that Sync 1.2 will encounter timeouts when syncing for the first time with large repositories. We will be releasing Liferay Sync 1.2.3 this week which addresses some performance issues. If syncing still fails after 1.2.3, I will likely need your logs to investigate the issue further.

In the long run though, our recommendation is to upgrade to portal 6.2 and use Liferay Sync 3.0. The Sync development team has completely rewritten the product and you'll find it's much more stable and faster than Sync 1.2 and all future development will focus on Sync 3. However, Sync 3.0 is only compatible with portal 6.2.
thumbnail

Hi Dennis,

We are planning an upgrade to 6.2 in the near future but in the mean time another user needs to start using Sync for this site, as backup of the current Site Owner.

I can get you log files (they contain the names of files and folders so I prefer not to attach them) but I was hoping you could confirm what I described, i.e. that Sync follows the order of the JSON result because if so than we can look at the DLSync table in the DB as possible cause, as in different from other installations ?

I could not find an "order by" on the query for "get-dl-sync-update" so the default order could be different for some reason.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Aldo,

The Sync client will process folders before processing files, so the order shouldn't matter. Can you try downloading the 1.2.3 client from the download page and see if you have better success syncing the site?
thumbnail

Hi Dennis,

The processing order I referred to is 'folder' before 'parent folder' so not related to files.

The 1.2.3 client did not make a difference.