Foros de discusión

Very strange behavior. Beware for your DB.

Sébastien Chandonay, modificado hace 13 años.

Very strange behavior. Beware for your DB.

New Member Mensajes: 18 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hello.

I'm runing liferay 5.2.3 with glassfish, and when I modify the classic theme and then restart liferay, all my database is droped and replaced by the default one.

I've lost all my communities, organizations and users (and all pages, of course).

It does this everytime.

Is it "normal" ?
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Very strange behavior. Beware for your DB.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1902 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
First of all, you should not be modifying the classic theme. Instead, you should create your own theme plugin

So, having the database dropped is not normal and highly unlikely if you're just deploying a theme. Are you using HSQL for your database? Did you accidentally delete the HSQL file (lportal.script).

Thanks for replying.

We're not using HSQL, we're under glassfish with our own MySQL DB, and the file lportal.script was not been deleted.

I try it 3 or 4 times, and it make it each times.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1902 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Sorry, not something I have ever seen before. Feel free to file a bug report. Include the theme that is causing this problem if possible.
atul patel, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 192 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/06 Mensajes recientes
I don't recognize the behavior either, but I know that the 7cogs hook/portlet can clear out the database and prepare the portal for demo purposes.

I believe 7cogs checks if user bruno exists, and if not, then it will setup the portal in demo mode (the default setup) -- Did you delete user bruno?

Do you have those wars installed? If so, try deleting them and see if you still have the problem.

Please report back if this works or doesn't.

Thanks.

--Atul

OK, it seems that it was that.

I will try to not delete bruno, or to remove the wars.

Thanks