Foros de discusión

Organization Concept

thumbnail
Hamidul Islam, modificado hace 9 años.

Organization Concept

Regular Member Mensajes: 111 Fecha de incorporación: 22/05/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,
I have few questions about Liferay Organization
1. In parent child relationship does role inherit from parent to child?
2. I have created sample organization role say its XYZ (type:organization). Can I assign this role to an organization so that whenever a new user is assigned to the organization will also get the same role XYZ?
3. We can assign a regular role to an organization but there are no options to assign organization role to an organization.
4. Technically how organization role is different from regular role?

Thanks & Regards
Hamidul Islam
Author
www.proliferay.com
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Organization Concept

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14915 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
1. yes.
2. yes.
3. you have to go to the org role and pick the organization that has it, rather than going to org and picking org role.
4. organization roles only apply to organization pages. regular roles apply across the portal.
thumbnail
Hamidul Islam, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 111 Fecha de incorporación: 22/05/08 Mensajes recientes
David H Nebinger:
1. yes.
2. yes.
3. you have to go to the org role and pick the organization that has it, rather than going to org and picking org role.
4. organization roles only apply to organization pages. regular roles apply across the portal.

Hi David,
Thanks for your reply.I got all the points that you have mentioned. But the point 3 I am not able to follow it. I did not get any option to pick organization from Organization role. Let me know where is that option?

Regards
Hamidul Islam
Author
www.proliferay.com
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14915 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Sorry, my bad, I had the wrong location...

When you're on the "All Orgs" view in the control panel, one of the options in the Actions menu is "Assign Organization Roles". This is where you grant the org role to the org.