Foros de discusión

Liferay 5.2.3 CE

Ashutosh Shrivastava, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay 5.2.3 CE

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 4/12/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi

We have done development using ext environment in 5.2.3 CE bundled with tomcat. In real environment (that should be 5.2.3 EE) - will whatever we have developed can be used. I mean is the code base same for CE and EE?

Another important thing is we have to suggest the environment for liferay deployment at customer end. What should be the ideal one - unix flavors(?), windows and specification of the servers. Loadwise guess would be 2000 users max using it. Expected growth rate would be 10% a year.

Regards,
Ashutosh
thumbnail
Matthew Ropp, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Liferay 5.2.3 CE

Junior Member Mensajes: 75 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/09 Mensajes recientes
5.2.3 CE should be the same as 5.2.3 EE. However, if you are going to go with EE, you should use 5.2 SP2 (5.2.6). You shouldn't have an compatibility problems with stuff you have developed for 5.2.3.
thumbnail
Shagul Khaja, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 758 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

The white paper link that Bryan has provided in the below post may help.

Liferay Benchmarks

Based on your extension, you may have to deal with deprecated API and change in API etc when you upgrade irrespective of whether it is EE or CE. The changes should be minimal between minor versions.

All the bug fixes in EE and ported to the trunk. You may not see a 1-1 mapping between CE and EE releases.

Best Regards,
Shagul
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
If I understood correctly, there's no 5.2.3 EE, only 5.2 EE with various service packs where the "enterprise" has been added after the release of 5.2.3. I'd expect 5.2 EE (without service packs) to be what you could call 5.2.4 if it existed. This nomenclature would also match with 5.2.6 being 5.2 EE SP2.

I've been told to not expect big problems when updating EE from service pack to service pack. However, CE to EE might still fix some API. There have been reports of somewhat difficult upgrades within the CE line, I have no experience with upgrades from CE to EE. But as 5.2 EE directly followed 5.2.3 I'd not expect too many hard problems.