Foros de discusión

Error when deploying ICEFaces portlet

thumbnail
Michael Poznecki, modificado hace 14 años.

Error when deploying ICEFaces portlet

Expert Mensajes: 301 Fecha de incorporación: 10/12/08 Mensajes recientes
Hello all,
when I deploy my ICEFaces portlet I receive the following error:

INFO: Undeploying context [/iceFaces-attempt-portlet]
20:39:57,727 INFO  [PortletHotDeployListener:333] Unregistering portlets for iceFaces-attempt-portlet
20:39:57,727 INFO  [PortletHotDeployListener:362] 1 portlet for iceFaces-attempt-portlet was unregistered
20:39:57,731 INFO  [ContextEventRepeater:162] Servlet Context Name: iceFaces-attempt-portlet, Server Info: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
Jan 13, 2010 8:39:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "com.icesoft.faces.util.event.servlet.ContextEventRepeater" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
20:39:58,836 INFO  [D2DViewHandler:84] 
ICEsoft Technologies, Inc.
ICEfaces 1.7.0 RC1
Build number: 7
Revision: 16090

20:39:59,186 INFO  [D2DViewHandler:124] ICEfaces JSP parser disabled. This is a facelets-only configuration.java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/digester/RuleSet
20:39:59,268 INFO  [PortletHotDeployListener:219] Registering portlets for iceFaces-attempt-portlet
20:39:59,360 INFO  [PortletHotDeployListener:298] 1 portlet for iceFaces-attempt-portlet is available for use
Jan 13, 2010 8:39:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jan 13, 2010 8:39:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/iceFaces-attempt-portlet] startup failed due to previous errors

Does anyone know why at the last moment it will say "startup failed due to previous errors"? I did not see any previous errors.

Thanks,
Michael
Peter Rodriguez, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Error when deploying ICEFaces portlet

Regular Member Mensajes: 154 Fecha de incorporación: 7/06/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Michael,
I'm getting same error too, trying to deploy sample-icefaces-jsf-1.2-sun-facelets-portlet-5.2.1.1 on Liferay 5.2.3. Doesn't show errors either on my console or my log file.

Folks, please any help with this?
Need to get this thing down ...

Peter
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2655 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/05 Mensajes recientes
If you're using Tomcat, then the problem is that Tomcat is using the lava.util.logging standard API for logging, and it doesn't report all the details of the exception. The way I've always been successful in getting the details of the exception was to switch over to Log4J. Just search Google for "tomcat 6 log4j" and you'll find instructions. You'll want to set log4j.properties to be the following in order to get the details:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, R
log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext=DEBUG, R

Typically, this will reveal a NoClassDefFoundError exception or something like that. Whenever I get NoClassDefFoundError exceptions on hot deployment, my mind immediately jumps to the conclusion that I have a JAR conflict. Normally, there is a JAR in WEB-INF/lib that doesn't belong.
thumbnail
Peter Ruzicka, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 48 Fecha de incorporación: 7/12/06 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

I know that this is the old thread, but I hit the same error in 6.1 ICEFaces sample portlet. Sample portlet is working but my first ICEFaces portlet didn't work with the same error as Michaels one.

Difference is in liferay-plugin-package.xml in sample portlet. I needed to add these jar-dependencies into my portlet

portal-dependency-jars=\
    commons-beanutils.jar,\
    commons-collections.jar,\
    commons-digester.jar,\
    commons-fileupload.jar,\
    commons-lang.jar,\
    commons-validator.jar,\
    oro.jar

Maybe it helps someone...
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2655 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/05 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Peter emoticon
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado hace 11 años.

moved thread to Liferay Faces forum

moved thread to Liferay Faces forum