Foros de discusión

Getting com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PrincipalException

Dawood Nuh, modificado hace 9 años.

Getting com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PrincipalException

New Member Mensajes: 18 Fecha de incorporación: 6/08/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi:

I implemented a Custom Struts action that handles creation of new user accounts. In the UI I allow the user to pick the organizations they belong to as part of their account creation. When my action reaches the point where the user account is getting created it stumbles when doing permission checks at the code lines below. I have my sites set to open membership (not sure how to do this for organizations). How can I prevent this? I don't want portal admins to associate users manually to organizations and rather want the end user to pick this.

The code part that gets called:

User user = UserServiceUtil.addUserWithWorkflow(
			company.getCompanyId(), autoPassword, password1, password2,
			autoScreenName, screenName, emailAddress, facebookId, openId,
			themeDisplay.getLocale(), firstName, middleName, lastName, prefixId,
			suffixId, male, birthdayMonth, birthdayDay, birthdayYear, jobTitle,
			groupIds, organizationIds, roleIds, userGroupIds, sendEmail,
			serviceContext);

raises the exception below:

com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PrincipalException
	at com.liferay.portal.service.permission.OrganizationPermissionImpl.check(OrganizationPermissionImpl.java:52)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.permission.OrganizationPermissionUtil.check(OrganizationPermissionUtil.java:42)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserServiceImpl.checkOrganizations(UserServiceImpl.java:2330)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserServiceImpl.checkAddUserPermission(UserServiceImpl.java:2155)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserServiceImpl.addUserWithWorkflow(UserServiceImpl.java:528)

If I hold off on populating the organizationIds[] array till after the user is created i.e. update the same user that was created a few moments ago by making the call below:

user = UserServiceUtil.updateUser(user.getUserId(), user.getPassword(), null, null, user.getPasswordReset(), 
				user.getReminderQueryQuestion(), user.getReminderQueryAnswer(), user.getScreenName(), 
				emailAddress, facebookId, openId, user.getLanguageId(), user.getTimeZoneId(), user.getGreeting(),
				user.getComments(), firstName, middleName, lastName, prefixId, suffixId, male, birthdayMonth,
				birthdayDay, birthdayYear, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null,
				null, null, jobTitle, groupIds, organizationIds, user.getRoleIds(), 
				//necessary to use the service as we don't want to accidentally
				//null auto-assigned usergrouprole's
				UserGroupRoleLocalServiceUtil.getUserGroupRoles(user.getUserId()), user.getUserGroupIds(),
				user.getAddresses(), user.getEmailAddresses(), phones, user.getWebsites(), null,
				serviceContext);

gives the following exception:

com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PrincipalException
	at com.liferay.portal.service.permission.UserPermissionImpl.check(UserPermissionImpl.java:61)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.permission.UserPermissionUtil.check(UserPermissionUtil.java:44)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserServiceImpl.updateUser(UserServiceImpl.java:1777)
	at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:115)

Can anyone help me understand what I am doing wrong? Why is the action getting restricted from updating the user just created?

Thanks for all help.
thumbnail
Nagendra Kumar Busam, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Getting com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PrincipalException (Respuesta)

Liferay Master Mensajes: 678 Fecha de incorporación: 7/07/09 Mensajes recientes
try invoking the same on UserLocalServiceUtil
Dawood Nuh, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Getting com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PrincipalException

New Member Mensajes: 18 Fecha de incorporación: 6/08/14 Mensajes recientes
Nagendra Kumar Busam:
try invoking the same on UserLocalServiceUtil

That did the trick; I had copied the addUser method from CreateLoginAction and updated it to capture my custom fields. Didn't realize that I needed to change to the UserServiceUtil instances to UserLocalServiceUtil. Thanks.
thumbnail
Vitaliy Koshelenko, modificado hace 9 años.

Expert Mensajes: 319 Fecha de incorporación: 25/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi, Dawood

In all *ServiceUtil classes there is a permission check, which throws PrincipalException if current user does not have enough permissions to invoke this method.
So, use *LocalServiceUtil classes if you don't need such permission check.

Vitaliy
Abhishek sharma, modificado hace 7 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 71 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/14 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Vitaliy Koshelenko , It worked for me.