Foros de discusión

Do these API's and .jars work with Liferay Faces?

Venu Pattamatta, modificado hace 9 años.

Do these API's and .jars work with Liferay Faces?

Junior Member Mensajes: 29 Fecha de incorporación: 29/05/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

Just wanted to check is there a combination of the below api's that has been tested and proved for a liferay faces primefaces based application on tomcat.

1) JSF-API
2) JSF-IMPL
3) PRIMEFACES
4) PRIMEFACES-EXTENSION
5) JSF-FACELETS
6) LIFERAY-FACES-BRIDGE-IMPL
7) LIFERAY-FACES-PORTAL

I am using the below combination and some of the advanced components like pick list, select many checkbox, and editor are not displaying properly.

jsf-api, jsf-impl - 2.1.24
primefaces - 4.0
primefaces-extension - 1.2.1
jsf-facelets - 1.1.14
liferay-faces-bridge-impl - 3.2.4.ga5
liferay faces-portal - 3.2.4.ga5
thumbnail
Vernon Singleton, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Do these API's and .jars work with Liferay Faces?

Expert Mensajes: 315 Fecha de incorporación: 14/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Venu,

Venu Pattamatta:
Just wanted to check is there a combination of the below api's that has been tested and proved for a liferay faces primefaces based application on tomcat.
primefaces-extension - 1.2.1

Not sure about this primefaces-extension stuff, but I'm pretty sure all the issues with picklist, select many, etc have been addressed.

See this forum post by Kyle Stiemann:
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/39328291

Hope that helps,
Vernon
thumbnail
Kyle Joseph Stiemann, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 760 Fecha de incorporación: 14/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Venu,
There are a couple issues with your .jars:

• Liferay Faces has been tested to work with jsf-api and jsf-impl .jars for version 2.1.21. It may work with later versions, but they have not been tested.
  • Liferay Faces has been tested to work with jsf-facelets. However you should not need to include a separate facelets .jar since you are using JSF 2.1 and facelets is the default view handling strategy for JSF 2.0 and beyond.
  • You should also be including the Liferay Faces Bridge API .jar and the Liferay Faces Util .jar in your project.

- Kyle
thumbnail

Liferay Master Mensajes: 760 Fecha de incorporación: 14/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Note: The Liferay Faces Bridge API and the Liferay Faces Util .jars are transitive dependencies, so you do not need to include them in your pom.xml directly. They will be downloaded automatically by maven when the dependencies of Liferay Faces bridge-impl are downloaded.

Hi,

I have tried implementing the aristo theme as suggested in the below thread

See this forum post by Kyle Stiemann:
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/39328291

and replaced the 2.1.24 version of JSF jars with 2.1.21 and tokk out the facelets jar file. I am still getting the issues on
1) Editor
2) SelectCheckBoxMenu
3) SelectOneList
4) Picklist
5) Upload

Please let me knw which style classes are causing the issue so that I can include the fixes in a css file and import using liferay-portlet.xml.

Thanks,
Venu.
thumbnail

Hi Venu,
I'm having a hard time understanding your error. Could you post the minimum amount of code and steps necessary to reproduce the error?

- Kyle

Hi,

The flow is in a single portlet between two JSF XHTML Pages

Page 1) has a list of Users from our custom database in a p:datatable with edit button added as a last column. When a user clicks this button it selects the row on which the button was present and initializes a couple of lists (Group and Security Question) and navigates to the edit page (using faces-config.xml navigation case) to Page 2.

Page 2) Then displays the editable fields on the user in a panel grid for the user to modify these values. Now on this page we have two p:editor fields which are mapped to the Skills and Bio fields on the User model. When displaying these values, The editor gets displayed some times and sometimes it doesn't.

Attached are the files:
1) UserBean.java (Page Variables)
2) view.xhtml (Page 1)
3) edit.xhtml (Page 2)
4) AdminCotroller.java (Backing controller with showEditUser as the method that navigates between pages)
5) faces-config.xml which contains the navigation rules

Please let me know if any further information is required.
thumbnail

Hi Venu, since this issue is intermittent, I suspect that parallel rendering might be to blame. See if Neil's answer on the "Random Styling issue (NPE in LiferaySharedPageTop)" thread helps:

Do you have parallel rendering enabled? The default value is to have it enabled. If it is enabled, then please disable it in your portal-ext.properties file:
layout.parallel.render.enable=false

... then, restart Tomcat and see if the problem goes away.

- Kyle

Hi,

The issue seems to be resolved. Thank you for the response. I was really struggling with this issue.

Will keep testing for the next couple of days and will research on Parallel rendering.
thumbnail

Glad I could help. Thanks for using Liferay Faces!

- Kyle

Hi,

The files that I have shared are from a closed implementation. Can I delete them from the Thread.