Foros de discusión

What is a User Page?

thumbnail
Vipin Menon, modificado hace 14 años.

What is a User Page?

Junior Member Mensajes: 75 Fecha de incorporación: 12/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I am trying to include WOL portlet on one of the pages of the community but it throws an error saying "This application will only function when placed on a user page.".

Can anyone tell what is the User page? How can I make WOL portlets included (by default) for all the users who are member of "My Community" community (the way it is done in Liferay.com)?

Regards,
Vipin
thumbnail
Dhrutika parekh, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: What is a User Page?

Expert Mensajes: 435 Fecha de incorporación: 9/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Vipin Menon:
Hi,

I am trying to include WOL portlet on one of the pages of the community but it throws an error saying "This application will only function when placed on a user page.".

Can anyone tell what is the User page? How can I make WOL portlets included (by default) for all the users who are member of "My Community" community (the way it is done in Liferay.com)?

Regards,
Vipin

Hi,

If you put WOL portlet on home page it will give this message.
SO if you put it on private or public page of user then it will work.

Thanks,
Dhrutika Parekh
thumbnail
Vipin Menon, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 75 Fecha de incorporación: 12/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Dhrutika,

Thanks for the response.

I didn't understood, what's a User's public page means. To my understanding only Communities have pages and user can be a member of any community. Is my understanding correct here?

Currently, at my liferay installation, 'My Community' have 2 public pages - 1. 'Welcome' and 2. 'test page'. I get the same error even if i try to put the 'Friends' portlet in the test page (which i assume is not the home page of 'My community').

Regards,
Vipin
thumbnail
Dhrutika parekh, modificado hace 14 años.

Expert Mensajes: 435 Fecha de incorporación: 9/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Vipin Menon:
Hi Dhrutika,

Thanks for the response.

I didn't understood, what's a User's public page means. To my understanding only Communities have pages and user can be a member of any community. Is my understanding correct here?

Currently, at my liferay installation, 'My Community' have 2 public pages - 1. 'Welcome' and 2. 'test page'. I get the same error even if i try to put the 'Friends' portlet in the test page (which i assume is not the home page of 'My community').

Regards,
Vipin

Hi ,
If you are using classic theme,then just go to dock->then my places->my community ->public page

Here you can add wol portlets and by default also there are some WOL portlets on that page,that page's friendly URL is like: /web/bruno/profile ,if you have logged in as bruno.

Thanks,
Dhrutika Parekh

Cignex Technologies