Foros de discusión

Add- Remove portlets customization

thumbnail
tr nethani, modificado hace 14 años.

Add- Remove portlets customization

New Member Mensajes: 19 Fecha de incorporación: 10/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Dear All,

Please suggest me how to customize the below two issues.

Issue One : The Add Application is accessable by only liferay's administrator, How can I customize this Add Application can be accessable to all the liferay users.

Issue two : How to customize the user specific portlets . That means any user can add /remove portlets, those modifications needs to be user specific, those modification should not effect the other users.

Thanks in advance.
Tr nethani
thumbnail
Faris Abdulla, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Add- Remove portlets customization

Regular Member Mensajes: 183 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Dear Nethani,

For your Issue one:

1) Login as administrator> Control panel > Roles .
2) Select the User roles "Action" menu "Define Permissins" in which you want to enable "Add Application".
3) Select Add Portal Permissions> Community > Manage Pages > Portal. You can enable Manage pages related thinks.

This will enable Add applications to the users.

We can do it for the Community members also. Now I've given example for user roles.

Issue two:

You can check it out the above thinks by enableing the Manage pages related thinks and portlet related update and view.

Thanks!!!
Regards,

Faris Abdulla
thumbnail

Thanks Faris Abdulla and Saddapalli Mohammed Zaheer ,

Issue One is working fine.

I'm exploring the issue two.
thumbnail
zaheer mohammed saddapalli, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 165 Fecha de incorporación: 15/01/08 Mensajes recientes

Issue One : The Add Application is accessable by only liferay's administrator, How can I customize this Add Application can be accessable to all the liferay users.

As Faris Said

Issue two : How to customize the user specific portlets . That means any user can add /remove portlets, those modifications needs to be user specific, those modification should not effect the other users.

For archiving this every user should ave its own work space. What ever the applications ADD/REMOVE should be done in only his/her work space.

This is the only way to organize this things.

With Regards,
Saddapalli Mohammed Zaheer
thumbnail

Thanks Saddapalli Mohammed Zaheer,

As Faris Said

It is working fine. Thanks.

For archiving this every user should ave its own work space. What ever the applications ADD/REMOVE should be done in only his/her work space.

This is the only way to organize this things.

I have designed my own theme, We have to written ext-application to do some activities. Now we are trying to convert this theme to user specific. i.e. Any User can add or remove the portlets from specific pages, suppose if we have two pages. first page is common for all. in that page administrator alone can add / remove the portlets. where as second page is user specific, in the second page user can add / remove the portlets, When ever the user logged in second page needs to display the portlets which are added by that user.

Please help me what are the confiurations, or coding i need to do to achieve the above requirement.

Thanks in advace,
Tr nethani.
thumbnail
zaheer mohammed saddapalli, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 165 Fecha de incorporación: 15/01/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I think

User Specific Layout settings for a single page is Not Possible(Need lots of customization).

This can only archived when every user have different page with same name.

Your requirements seems very interesting. I have few question for you

Where do u want that two pages in Guest or User?

With Regards,

Saddapalli Mohammed Zaheer
thumbnail

Hi,

My requirement is bit complex i think, I'm maintaining two customized communities.

Community one : having three pages, first page will show the portlets related overall info about company and liferay's administrator only can add / remove the portlets. the other pages needs to be user specific. each user can customize the portlets according to their requirements, so in second and third pages, any user can add and remove the portlets. those pages portlets info(portlets, layout, order of the portlets ) needs specific to user logged in.

community two : this community will have around five pages, this community is specific to different task related portlets.

the user will move around these two communities, by clicking the links. (dock.vm of each community theme will have the link to other community ).

regards,
tr nethani
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2034 Fecha de incorporación: 5/03/09 Mensajes recientes
We have something similar here. We have cross-functional research teams. Our solution has been to make a custom group and assign those users to that. You end up with extra groups and communities but it's not that hard to bring them up and tear them down.

As for the User's private pages, we leave that to the user with some degree of latitude. The "Blog Portlet" for example that they can select does not allow public posts. Viewable by Guest has been removed from the options.