Foros de discusión

Integration

thumbnail
Lisa Rout, modificado hace 10 años.

Integration

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Guys,
Can you please suggest here how to integrate Liferay with Mule?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Integration

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14917 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Well, I'm not using Mule but I am using AMQ. I know it's not the same, but it should give you some ideas.

For sending, I use camel code in my portlets.

For receiving, I use a simple spring MDB to take the message and publish into the LMB; disconnects portlet code from having to deal w/ the JMS, etc.

The big problem for most people is that they really do not think their implementation through. Normally you'll have a portlet on a page and you want that portlet to send/receive. You write all the code and you think it's all good.

But in doing so you overlook the runtime implementation. Your portal admin drops the portlet on a page, and all of a sudden you have X number of end users w/ this portlet on the page and they're all separately trying to post messages and/or receive messages, but more often than not users want a specific message, not just any message.

Things get really bad if the portlet is dropped on a public page that guests can access.

So you really must consider your runtime implementation, not just how you handle the integration from a code perspective.
thumbnail
Lisa Rout, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/14 Mensajes recientes
Thanks a lot David for your Comment...but I want to know is there any Liferay specific Mule plug-in is there!!!!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14917 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Not that I'm aware of.
Alex Kuler, modificado hace 4 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 2/08/19 Mensajes recientes
great