Foros de discusión

Anonymous Blog Comments Development Timeline?

thumbnail
John Arne, modificado hace 16 años.

Anonymous Blog Comments Development Timeline?

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 29/12/07 Mensajes recientes
Ok, I realize that anonymous blog comments are not currently available (as of v4.3.5). I'm just wondering when EXACTLY blog comments will be available (Are they currently being developed? Are the changes in the trunk and I can check it out from SVN and build from source right now? Are the changes scheduled to be done soon?) Any information would be helpful.

I'm asking because I've added the ability to do guest comments in the blogs in my own customized liferay instance. However, I had to modify the core liferay source to do it (couldn't do it with just the extension environment). So, now I'm stuck using 4.3.1 because I absolutely cannot upgrade my liferay instance without this functionality and It's been so long since I made the modifications that I'm not sure I could duplicate them. Nor do I desire to duplicate the same work over again.

So, any idea when this functionality will be available? (No generalities please like 'with 5.0 spurgeon' emoticon )

thanks.
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, modificado hace 16 años.

RE: Anonymous Blog Comments Development Timeline?

Liferay Master Mensajes: 576 Fecha de incorporación: 19/11/07 Mensajes recientes
moved to Liferay's Community.
thumbnail

I'm assuming this means it's currently being developed. Is there a target release? 4.3.6.1?
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, modificado hace 16 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 576 Fecha de incorporación: 19/11/07 Mensajes recientes
hey John,

as it turns out, currently anonymous blog commenting is not in development.

-mike
thumbnail

Why not?
thumbnail
Michael Young, modificado hace 16 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 846 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/04 Mensajes recientes
Heyu John,

If you've modified the source, can you submit this as a patch?
thumbnail

That was a long time ago though. I think I may be able to find the source. However, it was a lot of changes if I'm remembering correctly. Also, I didn't check it out from SVN I just downloaded the source of 4.3.1 and imported it into my Eclipse workspace. So, creating a patch might be a little difficult for me. I could provide the source for you if you'd like and you could look at it and see what you can still use? Let me know. I'd love to be able to finally upgrade my version of liferay. Those new themes look pretty sweet.
thumbnail
Fuad Efendi, modificado hace 15 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 180 Fecha de incorporación: 5/04/07 Mensajes recientes
Have you tried to manage /resource-actions/blogs.xml in Liferay version 5.0.1 RC1?

<guest-defaults>
<action-key>VIEW</action-key>
<action-key>ADD_DISCUSSION</action-key>
</guest-defaults>
<guest-unsupported>
<action-key>DELETE</action-key>
<action-key>DELETE_DISCUSSION</action-key>
<action-key>PERMISSIONS</action-key>
<action-key>UPDATE</action-key>
<action-key>UPDATE_DISCUSSION</action-key>
</guest-unsupported>

You may also need to remove themeDisplay.isSignedIn() checks from /html/taglib/ui/discussion

There is also bug in ext-impl/build-parent.xml, something is missed:
<copy todir="classes/resource-actions">
<fileset dir="src/resource-actions" />
</copy>

===
(Updated, 02-July-08): I verified, it works with Liferay 5.0.1 RC1 EXT:

1. Modify /html/taglib/ui/discussion/page.jsp, remove some code
<c:if test="<%= themeDisplay.isSignedIn() && MBDiscussionPermission.contains(permissionChecker, portletGroupId.longValue(), className, classPK, ActionKeys.ADD_DISCUSSION) %>">
at least remove themeDisplay.isSignedIn(); it may affect all portlets using this tag - you can create your own tag indeed...

2. Look at Liferay 4.4, Portlet Development, Chapter 5, modify blogs.xml & portal-ext.properties; see also Wiki - Portlet Permissions

3. Verify MBMessageServiceImpl; you need to allow addDiscussionMessage():
use getGuestOrUserId() instead of getUserId()
thumbnail
John Arne, modificado hace 15 años.

I've also verified it works on 5.1.1. However, that's a lot to go through just to get the permissions to work like they are configured to work. I would have imaged the out-of-the-box Liferay setup to allow full configuration, even of the guest role, without custom code since it is possible to do so. As it was, it took me three tries to get this working because building from source would cause a 'content not allowed in prolog' sax exception. I finally ended up cracking open the jar shipped with the pre-built tomcat version and modifying the blogs.xml file and overwriting the MBMessageServiceImpl with the fixed version and zipping the jar back up. That worked.
thumbnail
Simon Prinzleve, modificado hace 15 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 48 Fecha de incorporación: 2/12/07 Mensajes recientes
I can confirm the same issue (5.1.1) - adjusting the blogs.xml in the ressource-actions folder works fine - but assigning the model permissions ADD_DISCUSSION brings no effect.

I believe the steps mentioned above are necessary as well. Is that intended by liferay? Wouldn't it be great if just changing the blogs.xml would be sufficient?

It seems to me that in an open internet environment the guest comment feature is highly required?
(Oh well - a captcha feature for blog comments would then be the next requirement of course... emoticon )

Best regards,

Simon

-----
Portlets for liferay portal with java jsf: User generated content with liferay - for anonymous users (part 1)
derp niner, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 5/10/09 Mensajes recientes
If you'd like to see this issue addressed please go to the Blog Improvements Wiki and vote for the comment that requests this feature: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Proposals/Blog+Improvements#_36_messageScroll4113324
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2034 Fecha de incorporación: 5/03/09 Mensajes recientes
It is by some. In our case, we do not want anonymous comments. Our requirement is actually for moderated comments, which also doesn't exist in Liferay. As long as I can turn it off, I dont' really care. What I would like to see is an omni-admin control panel where I can turn stuff like that off for EVERYONE. And I'd like to see places where I can over ride that setting on a per org, group, or community basis.