Foros de discusión

Upgrading Liferay 6.0 to 6.2

Scott Keo, modificado hace 10 años.

Upgrading Liferay 6.0 to 6.2

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 11/03/14 Mensajes recientes
Is it possible to upgrade from 6.0ee to 6.2ee, or do I have to upgrade to 6.1 before attempting to upgrade to 6.2? This is the error I get while trying to upgrade straight from 6.0 to 6.2:

Starting Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.2.10 EE GA1 (Newton / Build 6210 / November 1, 2013)
18:21:48,028 INFO  [localhost-startStop-1][BaseDB:484] Database does not support case sensitive queries
18:21:48,293 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][MainServlet:209] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Permission conversion to algorithm 6 has not been completed. Please complete the conversion prior to starting the portal. The conversion process is available in portal versions starting with 5203 and prior to 6200.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Permission conversion to algorithm 6 has not been completed. Please complete the conversion prior to starting the portal. The conversion process is available in portal versions starting with 5203 and prior to 6200.
        at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader._checkPermissionAlgorithm(DBUpgrader.java:297)
        at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader.upgrade(DBUpgrader.java:135)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.doRun(StartupAction.java:160)
        at com.liferay.portal.ee.license.StartupAction.doRun(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:68)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.processStartupEvents(MainServlet.java:1238)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:206)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1280)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1193)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1088)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5176)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5460)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:656)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1635)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

I have followed the 6.2 guide (https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/upgrading-liferay-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-18-en) and yes the algorithm is already set to 6.

Thanks,
Scott
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Upgrading Liferay 6.0 to 6.2

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Scott Keo:
Is it possible to upgrade from 6.0ee to 6.2ee, or do I have to upgrade to 6.1 before attempting to upgrade to 6.2?

No, you have to upgrade to 6.1 first....
Scott Keo, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 11/03/14 Mensajes recientes
What is the reasoning for not being able to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.2? The diagram in the previous link under Preparing for an Upgrade seems to suggest that it is possible.
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 549 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Scott,

It's possible to upgrade to 6.2 from 6.0 in one step. However, and taking into account the stacktrace you have attached:
18:21:48,293 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][MainServlet:209] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Permission conversion to algorithm 6 has not been completed. Please complete the conversion prior to starting the portal. The conversion process is available in portal versions starting with 5203 and prior to 6200.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Permission conversion to algorithm 6 has not been completed. Please complete the conversion prior to starting the portal. The conversion process is available in portal versions starting with 5203 and prior to 6200.
        at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader._checkPermissionAlgorithm(DBUpgrader.java:297)

You are using permission algorithm 5 and you need to perform the conversion to algorithm 6 before doing the upgrade since Liferay 6.2 doesn't support permission algorithm 5. Please follow the instructions of Migrate to Algorithm 6 section in the user guide:
https://www.liferay.com/es/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/upgrading-liferay-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-18-en

Let me know about your progress.

Cheers.
Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 110 Fecha de incorporación: 6/12/09 Mensajes recientes
Juan Gonzalez:
Scott Keo:
Is it possible to upgrade from 6.0ee to 6.2ee, or do I have to upgrade to 6.1 before attempting to upgrade to 6.2?

No, you have to upgrade to 6.1 first....

Before you do upgrade to 6.1 you need to do migration to algorithm 6 from 6.0 referring to : https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/upgrading-lifer-5

So will face same issue and same exception, and btw its by default its 6 on 6.0 m thread owner ask for issue he have not to say no ! with helpless reply !

Alberto Chaparro:
Hi Scott,

It's possible to upgrade to 6.2 from 6.0 in one step. However, and taking into account the stacktrace you have attached:

You are using permission algorithm 5 and you need to perform the conversion to algorithm 6 before doing the upgrade since Liferay 6.2 doesn't support permission algorithm 5. Please follow the instructions of Migrate to Algorithm 6 section in the user guide:
https://www.liferay.com/es/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/upgrading-liferay-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-18-en

Let me know about your progress.

Cheers.

Are you sure !????????? Are you really read the thread, what the point from copy thread as an answer ! he already said that he followed link that you provided and thats already in same thread.

Mean while its just so funny 2 Liferay Stuffs have different answers about question if it is possible to go from 6.0 to 6.2 ! liferay documentation says yes, and here I see yes and no !

BTW I have same issue now and I don't see convert screen, and I checked it my portal already in algorithm 6, but when I want do upgrade I get same issue here:

[#|2014-05-14T12:32:46.305+0300|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|12:32:46,301 ERROR [main][MainServlet:209] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Permission conversion to algorithm 6 has not been completed. Please complete the conversion prior to starting the portal. The conversion process is available in portal versions starting with 5203 and prior to 6200.

I'm running 6.0.5 CE and want to go 6.2 SP3 EE.

Any solution, please read carefully my issue no need for 3rd non sense reply !
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan:

Mean while its just so funny 2 Liferay Stuffs have different answers about question if it is possible to go from 6.0 to 6.2 ! liferay documentation says yes, and here I see yes and no !

Hi Al-Mothafar,

it's a pity you don't find these answers as right ones, maybe they aren't.

Although you see "STAFF" in our users' title, that doesn't make anything we say here as the "final fact", a law or anything like that. We are just people trying to help other ones spending some minutes (we usually don't have) without knowing any detail of their (probably complex) installations for solving problems that can arise from many reasons. This is just a community forum, so please try to understand that point.

If you want more attention or a professional service for fixing your upgrade issues, I guess you have to look for other services (Liferay provides official support FYI).

Juan Gonzalez:
Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan:

Hi Al-Mothafar,

it's a pity you don't find these answers as right ones, maybe they aren't.

Although you see "STAFF" in our users' title, that doesn't make anything we say here as the "final fact", a law or anything like that. We are just people trying to help other ones spending some minutes (we usually don't have) without knowing any detail of their (probably complex) installations for solving problems that can arise from many reasons. This is just a community forum, so please try to understand that point.

If you want more attention or a professional service for fixing your upgrade issues, I guess you have to look for other services (Liferay provides official support FYI).

Well, i'm talking about basics info lack, not hard to check documentation link will take less than 1 minute, or just don't give false info or at least just ask for more information that you miss to give a suggestion (not a necessity solution if you cant give) ! you have "staff" title means you must have solid info not means adv. topics but basics.

Like info you said that you need to go 6.1, issue will happens again, and its "yes" you can go directly from 6.0 to 6.2 and I have PoC about this that I made.

And yes my company have support, but I don't usually ask for help before do my best efforts to solve issues so I learn and sometimes maybe will be faster than wait solution, at last I'm a developer not end user.

Alberto Chaparro:
Hi Al-Mothafar,

That error is shown because the resourceCode table isn't empty and that means that the algorithm conversion wasn't complete successfully. So, please, check the logs from the day you executed this process, fix them (maybe you will need to restore the database prior to do that) and repeat the process. This was the reason to pointed out the section Migrate to Algorithm 6 of the guide in my last post.

Regarding your answer, I agree with Juan and I can't say anything else except that you have to understand that the community forum isn't the same that support services. The main goal of this forum, from Liferay point of view, is to teach and try to collaborate with people. So, sorry if we didn't get this goal in this case.

Regards.

Yes I do some search around and found that, you maybe don't need to retrieve old data from backup because I have an old data from live portal and that was from ages from another company, so restore old backup was impossible. I just put again "permissions.user.check.algorithm=5" and redo migration, Ignored some errors and warnings and found 2 tables was full of data got fixed and after I give upgrade process a go I passed this issue, and this issue gone.

I just was want to complete upgrade because I have issue after issue solving here, and will share full experience here later after finish my upgrade.

Regards,
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado hace 9 años.

Hi Al-Mothafar,

Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan:

And yes my company have support, but I don't usually ask for help before do my best efforts to solve issues so I learn and sometimes maybe will be faster than wait solution, at last I'm a developer not end user.

I recommend you not making this approach when upgrading. Sometimes you may be faster, but will encounter many important side effects caused by bad migration. Maybe you won't notice issues for months, but someday you will find weird issues that are very difficult to discover their real root cause.

Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan:

Yes I do some search around and found that, you maybe don't need to retrieve old data from backup because I have an old data from live portal and that was from ages from another company, so restore old backup was impossible. I just put again "permissions.user.check.algorithm=5" and redo migration, Ignored some errors and warnings and found 2 tables was full of data got fixed and after I give upgrade process a go I passed this issue, and this issue gone.

You ignored some errors and warnings when upgrading? Then it's clear you can encounter some issues now or in future. That's why is so important to complete the upgrade without any issues, and my colleague asked you to restore the old backup. Doing a backup before any upgrade is a must.

I read other post you made and you upgrade from 5.2 to 6.0. That's another important info that you will be asked for from Liferay support, but here probably you won't (remember, it's a community forum with not too many people answering with not too much time). If you ignored again the warnings and errors when upgrading from 5.2 then the state of your database and your data directory will be, at least, inconsistent. If you carried over those errors to the 6.0 - 6.2 migration, you can guess the final state of your Liferay installation won't be right.

Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan:

I just was want to complete upgrade because I have issue after issue solving here, and will share full experience here later after finish my upgrade.

Those are great news! We will be glad to read your experience when upgrading, what you did for solving the issues, etc.

Thanks!

Juan Gonzalez:
Hi Al-Mothafar,

Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan:

I recommend you not making this approach when upgrading. Sometimes you may be faster, but will encounter many important side effects caused by bad migration. Maybe you won't notice issues for months, but someday you will find weird issues that are very difficult to discover their real root cause.

Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan:

You ignored some errors and warnings when upgrading? Then it's clear you can encounter some issues now or in future. That's why is so important to complete the upgrade without any issues, and my colleague asked you to restore the old backup. Doing a backup before any upgrade is a must.

I read other post you made and you upgrade from 5.2 to 6.0. That's another important info that you will be asked for from Liferay support, but here probably you won't (remember, it's a community forum with not too many people answering with not too much time). If you ignored again the warnings and errors when upgrading from 5.2 then the state of your database and your data directory will be, at least, inconsistent. If you carried over those errors to the 6.0 - 6.2 migration, you can guess the final state of your Liferay installation won't be right.

Al-Mothafar Al-Hasan:

Those are great news! We will be glad to read your experience when upgrading, what you did for solving the issues, etc.

Thanks!

All story as I said that That all things was done from another company and we just new to new client, and issues I was talk about I knew them and some not major, like theme not found and some issues just fixed it and another long story, I even faced some issues already knew how to solve and already solved in LESA before in another project.

And I just redo migration from 5 to 6 seems Alberto is right, they did but not completed.

Anyway I just did hard work with DBA, and almost fixed all errors before go start from 6.0 to 6.2, anyway I not finished yet, I have strange issue.
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 549 Fecha de incorporación: 25/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Al-Mothafar,

That error is shown because the resourceCode table isn't empty and that means that the algorithm conversion wasn't complete successfully. So, please, check the logs from the day you executed this process, fix them (maybe you will need to restore the database prior to do that) and repeat the process. This was the reason to pointed out the section Migrate to Algorithm 6 of the guide in my last post.

Regarding your answer, I agree with Juan and I can't say anything else except that you have to understand that the community forum isn't the same that support services. The main goal of this forum, from Liferay point of view, is to teach and try to collaborate with people. So, sorry if we didn't get this goal in this case.

Regards.
thumbnail
Suresh Nimmakayala, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 18/01/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Alberto,Juan Gonzalez and all ,

i have already moved to alog 6 , when i upgrade from 6.1 to 6.2 problem comes

here
i will explain the sequence, can you please suggest where i need to look and appreciate for your help how to complete Permission conversion to algorithm 6

i have upgraded from 5.2 to 6.0

in 6.0, migrated my permission alog to 6 when upgraded to 6. i have fine tuned roles too

i have attached my server administration and portal properties 6.1 server ones

then i have upgraded 6.0 to 6.1 all good, attached 2 images for 6.1 server administration and portal properties

now from 6.1 to 6.2

this error please te

Starting Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.2.10 EE GA1 (Newton / Build 6210 / November 1, 2013)
23:50:10,598 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][BaseDB:484] Database does not support case sensitive queries
23:50:10,795 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][MainServlet:209] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Permission conversion to algorithm 6 has not been completed. Please complete the conversion prior to starting the portal. The conversion process is available in portal versions starting with 5203 and prior to 6200.

at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.doRun(StartupAction.java:160)
at com.liferay.portal.ee.license.StartupAction.doRun(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:68)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.processStartupEvents(MainServlet.java:1238)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:206)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1280)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1088)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5176)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5460)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:656)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1635)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Stopping the server due to unexpected startup errors
thumbnail

i have deleted entries from ResourceCode table manually before upgrade ,and started upgrade .UpgradeProcess_6_2_0

went upgrade smooth, looking all good for now emoticon
thumbnail

Hi Suresh,

i have deleted entries from ResourceCode table manually before upgrade ,and started upgrade .UpgradeProcess_6_2_0

When the algorithm conversion is completed successfully the portal removes the data from resourceCode table. If that table is not empty means that some error occurred during that process so please, check the logs from the day you executed it and try to figure out what was the problem (attach them if necessary after your analysis)

Remove manually entities from ResourceCode is not the proper solution, perhaps it can work in some circunstances but we can't assure it.

Regards.

Alberto Chaparro:
Hi Suresh,

When the algorithm conversion is completed successfully the portal removes the data from resourceCode table. If that table is not empty means that some error occurred during that process so please, check the logs from the day you executed it and try to figure out what was the problem (attach them if necessary after your analysis)

Remove manually entities from ResourceCode is not the proper solution, perhaps it can work in some circunstances but we can't assure it.

Regards.

I Agree with this, I was have same issue, just try make algorithm to 5 again from portal-ext file, redo migration, wait until it finish (it will tell you to change algorithm to 6 ), don't intercept it just wait till you see message tell you to change algorithm and restart portal, then shutdown portal, change algorithm to 6 or just remove it at all, start portal again, and then shutdown and start upgrade again..

This should be done and solve issue, this what I faced, and migration itself cleared table, not did it manually.
thumbnail

agree with you and Alberto i don't need to delete manually if it works with normal procedure convert permission alog and then change to 6 , i tried 2-3 times it is taking 16 hours almost,

then this is the error bugging me

16:39:21,984 DEBUG [MaintenanceUtil:64] Updating ResourcePermission table
16:39:23,440 FATAL [ConvertProcessMessageListener:35] Unable to process message {destinationName=liferay/convert_process, response=null, responseDestinationName=null, responseId=null, payload=com.liferay.portal.convert.ConvertPermissionAlgorithm, values={companyId=452}}
com.liferay.portal.convert.ConvertException: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Duplicate entry '102110-101-4-2661876_LAYOUT_101_INSTANCE_6SeV-183200' for key 2
at com.liferay.portal.convert.ConvertProcess.convert(ConvertProcess.java:53)
at com.liferay.portal.convert.messaging.ConvertProcessMessageListener.doReceive(ConvertProcessMessageListener.java:47)
at com.liferay.portal.convert.messaging.ConvertProcessMessageListener.receive(ConvertProcessMessageListener.java:32)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:65)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:73)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:669)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:580)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Duplicate entry '102110-101-4-2661876_LAYOUT_101_INSTANCE_6SeV-183200' for key 2
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatchSerially(PreparedStatement.java:1257)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatch(PreparedStatement.java:943)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.executeBatch(NewProxyPreparedStatement.java:1723)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.util.Table.populateTableRows(Table.java:539)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.util.Table.populateTable(Table.java:501)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.util.Table.populateTable(Table.java:444)
at com.liferay.portal.convert.ConvertPermissionAlgorithm.convertToBitwise(ConvertPermissionAlgorithm.java:176)
at com.liferay.portal.convert.ConvertPermissionAlgorithm.doConvert(ConvertPermissionAlgorithm.java:693)
at com.liferay.portal.convert.ConvertProcess.convert(ConvertProcess.java:44)
... 7 more

Regards
Suresh
thumbnail

Hi Suresh,

Anytime before executing the permission algorithm conversion process you have to check that resourcepermission and resourceation tables are empty (tables to store data for algorithm 6), if not please do it.

Could you check this?

Thanks.
thumbnail

Alberto Chaparro:
Hi Suresh,

Anytime before executing the permission algorithm conversion process you have to check that resourcepermission and resourceation tables are empty (tables to store data for algorithm 6), if not please do it.

Could you check this?

Thanks.

Thanks Alberto,
i have done exactly gone back to algorithm 5 then empty data from resourcepermission,resourceaction then conversion process started wait for the process to finish , all good i don't need to delete, ResourceCode table is empty.. Cheers

Suresh
thumbnail

Hi Suresh,

I'm glad to hear that :-)

Hi Muhammad Ghufron,

Regarding your comments:
Alberto I agree with you that deleted entries from ResourceCode table is not best practice, but I think it's so hard to check the logs from the day executed it and fix it. Because currently I only have dump file from production server, so may you have another solution ?

Yes, you could restore a backup and repeat the process to convert the permission algoritm from 5 to 6. If you get an error (check the logs) and after analyzing you don't know how to solve it, please open a new thread.

hi All, I think it's not problem to drop table ResourceCode, because I have investigated based on script sql ( update-6.1.1-6.2.0.sql ) ResourceCode table and Resource_ table will be removed. please correct me if i'm wrong,

Yes, ResourceCode and Resource_ are removed in 6.2 since we used them for permission algorithm 5 which is not longer supported in 6.2. But, as I said in my previous post, if you use permission algorithm 6 and those tables are not empty that means the permission algorithm conversion hasn't executed sucessfully so you have to repeat the process.

Cheers.
thumbnail
Muhammad Ghufron, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 18 Fecha de incorporación: 8/08/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I have successfully upgrading LP 6.2 with no errors in my console.
but now I have another problem when showing control panel,
I got this error on my console :

06:25:25,060 ERROR [http-bio-9090-exec-3][IncludeTag:129] Current URL /group/control_panel?refererPlid=68230&controlPanelCategory=current_site&doAsGroupId=10156&p_p_id=156 generates exception: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletContainerException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletContainerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.service.permission.PortletPermissionImpl.hasControlPanelAccessPermission(PortletPermissionImpl.java:504)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.permission.PortletPermissionImpl.hasControlPanelAccessPermission(PortletPermissionImpl.java:527)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.permission.PortletPermissionUtil.hasControlPanelAccessPermission(PortletPermissionUtil.java:314)
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletPreferencesFactoryImpl.checkControlPanelPortletPreferences(PortletPreferencesFactoryImpl.java:101)
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletPreferencesFactoryUtil.checkControlPanelPortletPreferences(PortletPreferencesFactoryUtil.java:46)

and user panel is missing (please check my attachment), may I do mistake procedure when upgrading ?
thumbnail

Alberto Chaparro:
Hi Suresh,

Regards.

Hi Alberto, and all, Im newbie in Liferay and now I am having the same problem when upgrading Liferay 6.0 CE to 6.2 CE,

Alberto I agree with you that deleted entries from ResourceCode table is not best practice, but I think it's so hard to check the logs from the day executed it and fix it. Because currently I only have dump file from production server, so may you have another solution ?

Regards,
thumbnail

Muhammad Ghufron:
Alberto Chaparro:
Hi Suresh,

Regards.

Hi Alberto, and all, Im newbie in Liferay and now I am having the same problem when upgrading Liferay 6.0 CE to 6.2 CE,

Regards,

hi All, I think it's not problem to drop table ResourceCode, because I have investigated based on script sql ( update-6.1.1-6.2.0.sql ) ResourceCode table and Resource_ table will be removed. please correct me if i'm wrong,

Regards,