Foros de discusión

Need Help Urgent

priyanka Joshi, modificado hace 14 años.

Need Help Urgent

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 8/07/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Everyone,

I have created a community and in that community I have created 2 pages say "A" and "B" . Now I have 2 different Users "A-user" and "B-User". My Problem is that I want " A-user" to only view only "A" page and "B-User" to view only "B" page.

I tried to do this by going in control panel selecting A page and assigning permission to A user to access that page. I have also created a Role A and assigned "A user" to that role.

I know its a very simple thing. I was able to do it in first attempt but then messed up something and now I can't do it. Please let me know if you have a solution for this.
thumbnail
Arvind Mishra, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Need Help Urgent

Regular Member Mensajes: 226 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/08 Mensajes recientes
You need to remove the permission for LR default user from DB to these pages .

Which DB you are using ?
Miss J, modificado hace 14 años.

Thanks for replying but I am not using any database right now. I am working only on Liferay Portal. Initially I was able to redirect A-User to A page but now when I am signing in as A, it is displaying both pages A and B. I want A to see only A-page and B to see only B Page of the community. Is there any way to it without going to DB. I hope I am able to explain my question.

you can send me a mail to priyankamishra11@gmail.com
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 226 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/08 Mensajes recientes
OK Just try this ,

For User A, who can only Access Page A

Go to Permissions of Page A,
In Users Tab , Only User A should have permission to view the page .
By default Everybody in Community also has permission to View a page . You can remove the permission from Community Tabs of permissions screen .

Do same for Page B .

Lets see whether it works or not .

Thanks
Arvind
Miss J, modificado hace 14 años.

I am having a bad day I guess... I did exactly what u said. and also found a stupid mistake that i was doing earlier but before I could see the results Liferay stopped working on my system. I have restarted Tomcat for third time but still could not open localhost:8080.
Last line of Tomcat is : Server startup in 20xxx ms. and it is getting stuck here everytime. I have also attached a screen shot of it.

Do you have any idea why is this happening?

Thanks,
Priyanka

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail

attachment has some problem . i cant open it .

You can send it arvind.m1@gmail.com

THanks
Arvind