Foros de discusión

Passing Sites from organisation to suborganisation like roles?

David Dorninger, modificado hace 14 años.

Passing Sites from organisation to suborganisation like roles?

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 8/07/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi.

First of all let me introduce myself. I'm Dave from Austria and I'm currently writing a master thesis on implementing a LIFERAY intranet in a company. I'm now familiar with the handling and just finished the Portal Administrators Guide.

I'm currently trying to get it all together and there is a question remaining. I'd like to represent the company (as it is) in LIFERAY and from my point of view the following functionality has to exist, I just don't know where to find it.

There is main org "A" that has 2 sub orgs "B" and "C". I would now like to create a startingpage for "A" (lets say with the latest companynews) and a startingpage for "B" with news just from that part. Now If there is a user that belongs to "B" he or she should get a combination of the 2 sites just as it is possible wioth roles.

Is there a way to do this, because I think that would be very useful.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.
David Dorninger, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Passing Sites from organisation to suborganisation like roles?

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 8/07/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi.

Let me shorten the post.

Is it possible to combine the content of 2 sites (as it is possible with roles and sites that have the same name) depending in the organisational unit instead of the role?

Thx.
thumbnail
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 621 Fecha de incorporación: 6/05/08 Mensajes recientes
hi David Dorninger,

yes you can post one organisation content in another organisation. (see Webcontent)

You can bring any article from any other organisation to your specified place. Goto configution of webcontent display and keep your source organisation in Myplaces and search for your article.place it in your destination organisation.

With Regards,
V.Auditya
thumbnail
Yongming Duan, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 213 Fecha de incorporación: 15/10/07 Mensajes recientes
Have you tried using Sharing feature of the portlet in liferay?

In each portlet > configuration > sharing