Foros de discusión

liferayfaces vs maven plugin versions

Eric Soucy, modificado hace 10 años.

liferayfaces vs maven plugin versions

Junior Member Mensajes: 65 Fecha de incorporación: 21/01/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I noted that in the test/demos provided in the 3.2.4-ga5 release you are depending upon the following:
<liferay.version>6.2.0-ga1</liferay.version>
<liferay.maven.plugin.version>6.2.0-ga1</liferay.maven.plugin.version>

We are using the liferay 6.2 enterprise release and I'm seeing that there also exists artifacts with versions :
portal-*-6.2.10-GA1
and
6.2-ee-sp1 for the maven support and archetypes.

for my jsf portlets projects, should I keep using 6.2.0-ga1 for the liferay and maven plugin version ?
it's a little confusing that there are so may versions out there...

Thanks
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: liferayfaces vs maven plugin versions

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2655 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/05 Mensajes recientes
Hi Eric,

When we do a release, the Liferay Faces jar and war artifacts are always built using dependencies from CE edition of Liferay Portal. For example, in the case of Liferay Faces 3.2.4-ga5, we built the source using dependencies from Liferay Portal API like portal-service-6.2.0-ga1.jar. The parts of the Liferay Portal API that Liferay Faces uses is the same for Liferay Portal CE and Liferay Portal EE.

When we do testing, we first test against Liferay Portal CE, and then again with Liferay Portal EE.

So I would recommend that you do the same in your projects by specifying liferay.version=6.2.0-ga1. In other words, compile your portlet WAR projects with the Liferay Portal CE API dependencies, and test them in Liferay Portal EE. The Maven Archetypes should be identical between CE and EE, so I would recommend that you use liferay.maven.plugin.version=6.2.0.ga1 as well for simplicity.

The only exceptions would be:
1) If you find that you are using parts of the Liferay Portal EE API that differs from the Liferay Portal CE API.
2) If you find that the liferay-maven-support EE version has a bugfix that you need that is not included in the CE version.

Kind Regards,

Neil
Gunnar Brinkmann, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 53 Fecha de incorporación: 2/12/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Neil,

Neil Griffin:

The only exceptions would be:
1) If you find that you are using parts of the Liferay Portal EE API that differs from the Liferay Portal CE API.
2) If you find that the liferay-maven-support EE version has a bugfix that you need that is not included in the CE version.

I'm currently starting development for 6.2 ee sp1.

Dependencies are atm:

server installation 6.2-ee-sp1
liferay maven plugin 6.2-ee-sp1

But my "liferay.version" is still set with 6.2.10-GA1 (for versioning artifacts like portal-service, util-bridges, ...)

Is this right?

btw: An overview page would be helpful, reflecting something like a "current dependency matrix".

Regards,
Gunnar
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2655 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/05 Mensajes recientes
Hi Gunnar,

I would recommend that you set the version for artifacts like portal-service, util-bridges, etc. to 6.2.0-ga1. The Liferay Portal core engineering team is aware of these questions regarding version numbering and we are planning a better system for the next major release of the portal.

Kind Regards,

Neil
Gunnar Brinkmann, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 53 Fecha de incorporación: 2/12/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Neil,

ok, thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Gunnar