Foros de discusión

WEBDAV, Microsoft Office open file, Mapped Drive - ALL FAIL - Help please

Mike Cunningham, modificado hace 10 años.

WEBDAV, Microsoft Office open file, Mapped Drive - ALL FAIL - Help please

Junior Member Mensajes: 52 Fecha de incorporación: 17/10/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi - I'm using Liferay Portal 6.1.2 CE

It's a very simple deployment - one portal, two sites - intranet and extranet - both have Documents and Media
portlet and separate file folder structures.

Everything appeared to be working as planned until now.

Internal users have uploaded files and are editing them (Word, Excel, PPT etc.)

When they go to save the edited files, they are saved in their local Downloads folder,
not in the Documents and Media folder where the file originated.

This led to trying to setup a mapped drive to the folder as per the documentation - didn't work.
This led to installing the WEBDAV shortcut on their Desktop - didn't work.
This led to trying to add the Documents and Media folder as a new Library folder - didn't work.

I don't know how to fix this - help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks - Mike
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: WEBDAV, Microsoft Office open file, Mapped Drive - ALL FAIL - Help plea

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1902 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Mike,

Can you provide more details on what you have tried (i.e., steps to reproduce, error messages, etc).

If you want to avoid some of these configuration issues, you may want to consider using Liferay Sync.
Mike Cunningham, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: WEBDAV, Microsoft Office open file, Mapped Drive - ALL FAIL - Help plea

Junior Member Mensajes: 52 Fecha de incorporación: 17/10/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Samuel,

Thanks for responding, my apologies for not replying sooner, I'm in the middle of a major deployment.

Some additional detail -

I have a main site where the Liferay server resides and a remote site where users VPN to the Liferay server.
The Liferay server has one portal with two sites, an intranet and an extranet. I'm only concerned with the intranet at this time.
All access to the server is via SSL - i.e. https://ext.company.com/ (static DNS entry served to both sites)
There are XP and Windows 7 clients in both locations, both sites and all clients (except one) can access the Liferay server with no problem.
I'm still in the process of determining if the error conditions are identical at the server site and the remote site.

On the Liferay server side, I've changed the Sharepoint authentication to Basic from Digest
On the client side, I've downloaded and installed the MS fix for Vista and Win7, and updated the registry key to 2 (basic authentication for SSL and non-SSL websites)

So far, for sure, going into the Documents and Media portlet and copying the WEBDAV URL to the Desktop results in the Liferay signin screen, which after filling in my credentials results in a 404 display. This happens locally and remotely via VPN.

Tonight I was able to add the folder URL as a network place on an XP PC, and eventually access the Liferay folder via VPN. Don't think this works locally.

Mapping a new drive in either location fails.

I will provide further detail tomorrow - thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Mike