Foros de discusión

Chat Porlet does not display online friends in 5.3

lex luthor, modificado hace 14 años.

Chat Porlet does not display online friends in 5.3

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 11/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi

I trying to get my chat portlet to see my online friends.No matter how many of my online friends are login. The chat portlet does not display them.

It just displays 'online friends(0)'

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong, or what I need to do to make this work.
thumbnail
Michael Hashimoto, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Chat Porlet does not display online friends in 5.3

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 14/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Are you using a prepackaged bundle? And a prepackaged plugin? Because 5.3 has not been released.

If you are you going directly to the trunk source code to compile a bundle then you have to use the trunk source
to compile the chat portlet plugin as well.

If you are going through the source code then you can not use a prepackaged plugin because
they will be from different versions and will not be compatible.
thumbnail
Gabriel Leon Leyva, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 243 Fecha de incorporación: 20/06/09 Mensajes recientes
I have compile 5.3 bundle with chat 5.3 but chats 5.3 does not work yet and disables plugin installation, also contacts portlet does not work yet
Grey Brownster, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 24/11/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi has this problem been resolved yet?

I havce downloaded Openfire, and it seems to be running, I have downloaded Liferay chat from the market place, and as is always the case with me, I am struggling to get the basic portlet working.

I get the chat portlet, but no fiends displayed, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Any help much appreicated.

I have modified portlet-ex.properties as defined in the book of Jonas, I have also created a portal-ext.properties and put one copy in the poerlet class directory, and the other in the src directory, as I found two Liferay documents defining each of these locations as the place to be.

Still not success (man i am so frustated).
Gar Bowning, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 24/11/12 Mensajes recientes
Adding more details.

I have updated directly the portlet.properties file (against bad practice I know, but I want proof it is running).
(see atached).

The Openfire XML file is attached.

In Liferay, I normally see no fiends on-line, or I do see one, but when I try and chat, i type in the text and cannot send it (Hangs).
Next time around no friends again.

I am sure the solution is fiendishly simple, as others seem to have got it to work, but it is just not clicking for me.