Foros de discusión

I recommend you Jonas' Liferay System Development book

Bernardo Riveira Faraldo, modificado hace 14 años.

I recommend you Jonas' Liferay System Development book

Regular Member Mensajes: 135 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/08 Mensajes recientes
I have just started to read my ebook copy (paper book on its way) ofJonas' Liferay System Development Jonas' Liferay System Development and I kind of LIKE IT!

It solves so much questions and limitations of Liferay that I recommend it to everybody!!

Things like extending AssetPublisher to use structure/dinamic fields and templates which I have just complained about....

It's just that LIferay is still a developer-friendly system, not usable out-of-the-box. But anyway, now I feel that we can make good use of it!

Of course, I don't know Jonas, nor I have anything to do with Packt Publishing! ;-)
Ilya Zverev, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: I recommend you Jonas' Liferay System Development book

Junior Member Mensajes: 26 Fecha de incorporación: 25/11/08 Mensajes recientes
I've bought his first liferay book and found out that there's less useful information than in free liferay documentation.
Now I use portal sources for reference.
And I don't think there's something in this new book that can't be solved with 10 minute source diving.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1228 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/08 Mensajes recientes
I suppose, it is important to understand the target audience of this book.

I agree with Ilya, that It would be good if Liferay book could give the answer to the question 'Why my JSP does not work?', but it is not a Windows Help screen. And I am not saying that it is going to help you anyway, because the question is wrong in the first place.

On the other side, this book was not going to give an answer to the Ultimate question of the Universe, because the answer is already revealed in another Guide book. (the answer was 42).

For a coder who is looking for place to tweak it, 'fgrep' and 'vi' are definitely the best friends. From my point of view, this book is for those who start with Liferay and/or looking for birds-eye view of the platform: business users, business analysts, system architects and hopefully programmers. Again, this is my personal view. Regards. Victor

edited
just another afterthought, it would be beneficial (for future releases of a book,) if Jonas had a comments/suggestions page. May be there is one?
Bernardo Riveira Faraldo, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 135 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/08 Mensajes recientes
OK, but for us here, it solved lots of unaswered questions in just twenty minutes, and showing how to solve them, not just "indications"