Foros de discusión

Hide announcements in other Communities

Francois Marceau, modificado hace 14 años.

Hide announcements in other Communities

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 26/05/09 Mensajes recientes
Hello all,

I'm new to liferay and i'm trying to set up the announcements. I was wondering if it's possible to have annoncements visible only in a specific community.

For instance, i have 3 communities. Com1, com2 and com3. I'm adding a new announcement for the Com1 members, but I want the users of Com1 to only see the announcements in the com1, not in the com2 and com3.

It may not be too clear, sorry for my bad english. If anyone have any idea how i could fix my problem, it would be nice.

Thanks,
-fM
thumbnail
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Hide announcements in other Communities

Liferay Master Mensajes: 621 Fecha de incorporación: 6/05/08 Mensajes recientes
hi Francois Marceau,

the announcement portlet displays the message based on the scope the user have. If your announcement portlet usage is limited i.e.., if you use this portlet for only communities as you specified we can keep a condition in the view.jsp so that it checks whether the distribution scope (i.e.., community name) and the community name (i.e.., where you have kept the announcement portlet) are similar then allow it to display the message. It will become a problem and doesnot work when you enter distribution scope as roles. ( you must use this custom condition if your usage is limited to communites only)

With Regards,
V.Auditya

Thanks for the great information but it wont work for me because the scope in each Communities are distributed by roles. Some user can see them, some cannot. If I can't find a solution, I may just add a Web content with the good rights and use the Announcement for the news that can be saw by everyone.

If you have any other idea, it would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks!
-fM
thumbnail

hi Francois Marceau ,

i got the idea of using webcontent for announcements when you specified about webcontent.

1. Just goto the community, there add an article with same content which you want to send in announcement portlet and keep the article type as "Announcement" .

2. Keep web content articles portlet in your community, select the article type as "Announcement" in configuration of that portlet.

Now when ever you add an article of type "Announcement" in that community that announcement will be displayed in the second portlet . ( here you have an added advantage , you can select the scope of the article also).

With Regards,
V.Auditya

I tought this would fix the problem but it didn't.

I have to be able to see the announcement (so the web content in this case) in every community (exept the private announcement), but the web content are only available for a single community (they all have their own web content) and i can't change that =/

Anyone have any idea ?
thumbnail

hi Francois Marceau ,

what i understood from post is that you want to show certain announcements commonly to all communites and also want to hide some private announcement.

Now for the first one where you want to show announcements to all communities, see the image ann.web.png, from there you can select the article from which ever community you have created and you can display it any other community.

For second one where you want to hide private announcements. Create new Type Private Announcement and from then add your articles from private announcements keeping article type as Private Announcement.

With Regards,
V.Auditya

Archivos adjuntos:

Everything sound logic but I don't have the same menu as you, wish dosent give me the opportunities to select My place. Wish version of liferay are you using ? I'm on 5.2.2.

Here is what I see :

This is in the control pannel --> Web content.

Any idea? Thanks !

-fM
thumbnail

hi Francois Marceau,

see the webcontent display portlet by placing it in any organisation/community , not in control panel.

With Regards,
V.Auditya

Ahh finally, it's working !

Thanks alot, it's very apreciated !
Mike Shepherd, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 5/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu:
hi Francois Marceau,

the announcement portlet displays the message based on the scope the user have. If your announcement portlet usage is limited i.e.., if you use this portlet for only communities as you specified we can keep a condition in the view.jsp so that it checks whether the distribution scope (i.e.., community name) and the community name (i.e.., where you have kept the announcement portlet) are similar then allow it to display the message. It will become a problem and doesnot work when you enter distribution scope as roles. ( you must use this custom condition if your usage is limited to communites only)

With Regards,
V.Auditya

I want to mask any communities announcements which are not local to the community I'm viewing in some way. Is this possible without altering the portlet source? through the Look and Feel configuration perhaps?

I really don't want to use the Web Content portlet for announcements as I have a need to use the announcement portlet with its multiple community scope on personal community pages and want to be strict with who can create them.
thumbnail

hi Mike Shepherd,

I want to mask any communities announcements which are not local to the community I'm viewing in some way. Is this possible without altering the portlet source? through the Look and Feel configuration perhaps?

you need to modify the code. its can't be done from configuration.

I really don't want to use the Web Content portlet for announcements as I have a need to use the announcement portlet with its multiple community scope on personal community pages and want to be strict with who can create them.

You can restrict among users who can manage announcements ..

With Regards,
V.Auditya
Mike Shepherd, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 5/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the reply - I feared as much. That's disappointing when we will need Community Owners to manage the announcements which are seen in their community and they won't be able to as other communities announcements will show.