Foros de discusión

Liferay 6.2.0 GA1 IDE Startup Issue

thumbnail
Johann Kneringer, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay 6.2.0 GA1 IDE Startup Issue

Junior Member Mensajes: 42 Fecha de incorporación: 10/11/11 Mensajes recientes
Hey,

I'm just testing the new liferay 6.2. GA CE,...The tomcat bundled version works fine.

If downloaded the latest version of Liferay IDE for developing portlets (liferay-ide-eclipse-linux-x64-2.0.0-m1-201308200800).

I've configured the fresh installed liferay 6.2.0 in Eclipse as a new server (which works for all other versions of liferay).

When I start up the server in Eclipse (debug or normal startup mode) the server starts...You get notificated about the startup time...

But the startup is not getting finished in Eclipse. The startup process is running and runnig, till the max. startup time exceeds...

Attached you can find a picture how it looks like on my IDE.

Does anyone use liferay 6.2.0 in development in combination with Liferay IDE already and gets involved with the same issue?

best regards,
Hansi
thumbnail
Gabriel Bustos Padilla, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Liferay 6.2.0 GA1 IDE Startup Issue

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 6/03/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi!

I would like to develop portlets for the new version of Liferay 6.2. Appart the problems that you have, the plugin of Liferay for eclipse available in the marketplace is ready to develop portlets for the 6.2 version?

Thanks in advance, sorry for no be able to help you with your problem :-(
thumbnail

Hi again!

Ok, finally I installed the SDK Eclipse. The problem that you have maybe is because of the Eclipse enviroment with Liferay plugin installed consume a lot of memory. I have adjudicated 4 Gb of RAM to the virtual machine. With less memory, it takes so many time in the start-up of the server, maybe this would be the problem.

I hope help you
thumbnail
Johann Kneringer, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 42 Fecha de incorporación: 10/11/11 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for your answer...

I've tested it using 4 GB Ram within the JVM...unfortunatly the problem still occurs...

So you're having no problems with the new development environment?
thumbnail

Hi!
well, I finally, afther the installing I have no found any problems. My linux virtual machine is 32 bits only(CENTOS), but the installing of liferay-apache server it´s have been installing by other partner. The liferay pluging is download from this link:
http://www.liferay.com/web/gregory.amerson/blog/-/blogs/liferay-ide-1-6.0-released

And inside, the instructions that I followed to install the plugin.

I hope that this information helps you, but if you need more information about my instalation, ask me emoticon

best regards