Foros de discusión

Right to edit, delete announcement?

thumbnail
Sophia Cui, modificado hace 14 años.

Right to edit, delete announcement?

Regular Member Mensajes: 119 Fecha de incorporación: 14/08/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I am trying to create a role that has rights to edit, delete other users' announcement. How I do that? I can't find a place to assign the rights.

And can I configure the announcement portlet so it will show more than 3 entries? I also can't find where to change this.

I am using Liferay 5.2.2 with Tomcat 6.0.18

Thank you very much!

Sophia
thumbnail
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Right to edit, delete announcement?

Liferay Master Mensajes: 621 Fecha de incorporación: 6/05/08 Mensajes recientes
hi Sophia Cui ,

I am trying to create a role that has rights to edit, delete other users' announcement. How I do that? I can't find a place to assign the rights.

create a role for example announcements-head and add portlet permissions for announcements in roles in Enterprise Admin portlet. Assign enterprise scope to delete and update actions. Assign this role to any of the user an then check. that user can now update and delete all announcements.

And can I configure the announcement portlet so it will show more than 3 entries? I also can't find where to change this.

Actually iam using 5.1.1,

in that view.jsp

the value is hardcoded , see here

SearchContainer searchContainer = new SearchContainer(renderRequest, null, null, SearchContainer.DEFAULT_CUR_PARAM, 3, portletURL, null, "no-entries-were-found");

I have checked in 5.2.2 they have kept it in delta (view_entries.jspf)

SearchContainer searchContainer = new SearchContainer(renderRequest, null, null, SearchContainer.DEFAULT_CUR_PARAM, delta, portletURL, null, "no-entries-were-found");

either you hardcoded it with your desired value instead of delta variable or you can set it with setDelta() method. (ex: searchContainer.setDelta(10);)

With Regards,
V.Auditya
Mike Shepherd, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 5/06/09 Mensajes recientes
I have the same problem as Sophia on the 5.2.4 Enterprise Edition. I cannot find a way to have a user who is not system admin edit others announcements.

The Enterprise Admin functions are integrated into Control panel in 5.2.x. I'm not sure if I'm missing a setting but I can create and edit my own announcements fine, it's just those created in the community by others I can't touch.
thumbnail

hi mike shepherd,

If you want to give a user to edit,delete others announcements same like an admin role only for announcements then you can do it from Roles in control panel. Create a role namely "Announcement Editor" and define portlet permisisons for that role (goto announcements option over there & give the scope for which ever you required)

With Regards,
V.Auditya
Mike Shepherd, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 5/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu:
hi mike shepherd,

If you want to give a user to edit,delete others announcements same like an admin role only for announcements then you can do it from Roles in control panel. Create a role namely "Announcement Editor" and define portlet permisisons for that role (goto announcements option over there & give the scope for which ever you required)

With Regards,
V.Auditya

Thanks for the reply. I have previously created a Community Announcer role with full permission to the Announcements portlet and also with the Manage Announcements in the My Communities portlet. It works fine to publish new announcements across the community. The problem is that several people will have this role and we want them all to manage all the announcements.

I've even tried adding delete and update permissions for the whole community but still announcements created by others cannot be edited or deleted. The only person who can manage everything is the System administrator. Below are the settings I've used. Can you see any missing? or do you think this is a bug?

PORTLET RESOURCE ACTION
Alerts Announcement Delete
Alerts Announcement Update
Alerts Announcement View
Announcements Add Entry
Announcements Configuration
Announcements View
Portal Community Delete
Portal Community Manage Announcements
Portal Community Update
thumbnail

hi mike shepherd,

do like this,

create a role namely "Announcer" (type: Regular).

Define Permissions : For Announcement Portlet.

1. Add-Entry - - - > Enterprise Scope
2. View - - - > Enterprise Scope
3. Delete - - - > Enterprise Scope
4. Update - - - > Enterprise Scope
5. View - - - > Enterprise Scope

Assign that role to which ever user you want, now that user can edit,delete, others announcements & also can manage.

With Regards,
V.Auditya.